Impressions | aune AR5000 Full-Size Open Headphones with MLD Driver
May 2, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #181 of 215
What a nice combo and truly very well spent 300 bucks:

AR5000 with Aune's newly offered 4.4 mm balanced cable hooked up on an iBasso DX260

20240502_092335.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #182 of 215
Finally received my AR5000's...

Stay tuned! :headphones:

May 10, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #183 of 215
I'm seriously digging the look of these. How's the clamp force? Snug, loose, or just right? Super curious how these might compare to my favorite, reasonably affordable dynamic, the Ibasso SR2. Are the cup connections 3.5mm?
SR2 remove the paper covering the magnet to make them better. The highs want become more present just the space increases and the driver can produce those frequencies better. iBasso suffocated the driver with the dampening.

May 10, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #184 of 215
Good Lord....what do we have here?!?

First listening impressions done last night....impressive, most impressive!

More to follow....

May 11, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #187 of 215
What a nice combo and truly very well spent 300 bucks:

AR5000 with Aune's newly offered 4.4 mm balanced cable hooked up on an iBasso DX260

20240502_092335.jpg
What are your thoughts on that cable? Hearing anything beneficial with it? There's a 4.4mm balanced Aune cable on Amazon for a great price, but it looks darker in color than this.

May 11, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #188 of 215
What are your thoughts on that cable? Hearing anything beneficial with it? There's a 4.4mm balanced Aune cable on Amazon for a great price, but it looks darker in color than this.
I didn't even know that Aune has an extra 4.4 balanced cable for the AR5000 (it comes only with a fixed 3.5mm termination but still nice cable). The guy I talked on the phone when I ordered and wanted to ask for the headphone stand, offered it to me for 45'ish. He said it's so new, it's not yet on the shop page.

Be careful, the other cable you see on Amazon or Ali might be for their IEM, that one exists since quite a while ...but could also be that Aune changed the appearance of the cable in the meantime or it's simply just the white balance or colour gradation of the picture itself.

Anyway, tbh, I can't hear too much of a difference in sound signature overall, but since it's a balanced cable, you have the advantage that the PO outputs on an amp or DAP offer more power and it gets a bit louder and fuller in comparison, but as I said, the tonality and FQ response curve isn't really different IMHO (and gladly it isn't, because it's really tuned to my liking in the first place).

May 11, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #189 of 215
Anyone in Munich this weekend?
I heard through the grapevine that Aune will reveal their first closed back circum aurals there! ...would be awesome if someone could report on it :beerchug: .

EDIT: Ah, it's already official, the new closed back is called SR7000. ..lol, and there's a picture of Zeos at the Aune booth :smile:.
I'll try to get a test unit asap :L3000: .

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #190 of 215
Anyone in Munich this weekend?
I heard through the grapevine that Aune will reveal their first closed back circum aurals there! ...would be awesome if someone could report on it :beerchug: .

EDIT: Ah, it's already official, the new closed back is called SR7000. ..lol, and there's a picture of Zeos at the Aune booth :smile:.
I'll try to get a test unit asap :L3000: .
Those look quite nice. I'm digging the color.

May 11, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #191 of 215
I didn't even know that Aune has an extra 4.4 balanced cable for the AR5000 (it comes only with a fixed 3.5mm termination but still nice cable). The guy I talked on the phone when I ordered and wanted to ask for the headphone stand, offered it to me for 45'ish. He said it's so new, it's not yet on the shop page.

Be careful, the other cable you see on Amazon or Ali might be for their IEM, that one exists since quite a while ...but could also be that Aune changed the appearance of the cable in the meantime or it's simply just the white balance or colour gradation of the picture itself.

Anyway, tbh, I can't hear too much of a difference in sound signature overall, but since it's a balanced cable, you have the advantage that the PO outputs on an amp or DAP offer more power and it gets a bit louder and fuller in comparison, but as I said, the tonality and FQ response curve isn't really different IMHO (and gladly it isn't, because it's really tuned to my liking in the first place).
It's called the AR3
Screenshot_20240511_101947_Amazon Shopping.jpg

May 11, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #192 of 215
Yes, that's the one and you're right, the color slightly looks different on these pictures... at least it seems darker. The one that I have is the real Aune one and it came in a really huge and nice box, but I guess it was from the first batch they sent from China to the official Aune Europe Store, and from there I got it.

For 40-50 Bucks I think it is a well fitting small upgrade to the AR5000.

I already sent a request for the SR7000 to try it out. I dig closed backs, too and tbh, Aune really seems to know what they're doing within the headphone landscape. I'm so looking forward to listen to them.

May 11, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #193 of 215
Was at Munich today.

7000 is less sensitive than the 5000, and.... its actually more neutral!? (Less bass thump)
But not in a bad way. Its a very clean closed-back sound.

May 11, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #194 of 215
Yes, that's the one and you're right, the color slightly looks different on these pictures... at least it seems darker. The one that I have is the real Aune one and it came in a really huge and nice box, but I guess it was from the first batch they sent from China to the official Aune Europe Store, and from there I got it.

For 40-50 Bucks I think it is a well fitting small upgrade to the AR5000.

I already sent a request for the SR7000 to try it out. I dig closed backs, too and tbh, Aune really seems to know what they're doing within the headphone landscape. I'm so looking forward to listen to them.
I'm also looking forward to hearing your impressions. I'm going to hold off on purchasing either until I can make a better informed decision. Who am I kidding, I'll likely end up with both. The struggle is real.

May 11, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #195 of 215
Was at Munich today.

7000 is less sensitive than the 5000, and.... its actually more neutral!? (Less bass thump)
But not in a bad way. Its a very clean closed-back sound.
More of a monitor presentation? Makes sense. Did you find the 5000 more colored, fun, and musical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back