Impressions | aune AR5000 Full-Size Open Headphones with MLD Driver
Dec 31, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #109 of 181
The video tells us that AUNE has put in a lot of time and effort into these. I'm sure a lot a couple of other headphones have been researched and assessed to bring together the best of the best for these. I expect great soundstage, and a very solid build - something that's been put together that should last for a long time to come!

Looking forward to have these one way or the other - let's see. Fingers crossed :L3000::fingers_crossed:

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #110 of 181
would love to be able and hear the new driver design.... the headphone looks to be well thought out in design and very good materials.... if it sounds as good as it looks then I'd love a pair....

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #111 of 181
when i first see the picture, its looks like headphone in $500-$1k range, but its actually cheaper than that

and after seeing the video, looks like the team took important care about comfort & fitting .... and as someone who often sell headphone because of bad comfort, hopefully this ar5000 have better comfort

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #113 of 181
I like the passion put into the video. You can tell the folks involved really care about this headphone. I'm intrigued by what was mentioned about its spatial properties, I'm a self-confessed soundstage-aholic so I love anything that has interesting spatial representation. I also liked what was said about comfort because I think that's so much more important than we usually give credit - I don't just want a headphone that sounds amazing, I want one that feels amazing too and disappears on my head.

I've never won a contest like this but I'm crossing my fingers because it seems like the perfect headphone to complement my collection.

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #114 of 181
After watching the video I have a better appreciation of AUNE's approach.
I wasn't aware of the Hifidiy influence ( I have used that in the past for a few things using translator tools).
This AR5000 has a rather timeless look to it.
My first impressions were of a classy Machine Age / Art Deco type of early industrial design, but at the same time it manages such a clean modern approach.
Something that appears built to last.
Very well done.
I am sure the resulting sound is just as well thought out, a difficult task no doubt.

Going to go look into the Japsers now.

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #115 of 181
Nice Video. It came across clearly the expertise, and attention to detail that went into the design of these headphones. You advise that they are very comfortable. You also mention that many, if not all of the designs are in-house created rather than using pre-existing parts or designs.

I'll be looking for your phones when available!

Leo

Jan 1, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #116 of 181
Simply reply with what you think of the video and what features of the AR5000 are left on your brain when you finish watching the video/what features impress you.

This video tells how the human side of aune affects its technical side. It is polished, with an attention to detail that reflects well on the company's products, notably the Jasper and AR5000.

The AR5000's features that most caught my attention are (1) the 50 mm driver, with its multi-layer distributed diaphragm for reduced distortion, and (2) the fact that the headband, like the driver, was developped in-house.

(Comfort is important -- there's no point in owning the best-sounding headphones in the world if you hate wearing them!)

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #117 of 181
Seems like lots of good things going on with the AR5000 from the video. Custom in-house designed headband and pads instead of oem/generic solutions for your first ever headphone release is a positive sign.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #118 of 181
Impressive video! It effectively highlighted the expertise and meticulous design of these headphones. I'll definitely keep an eye out for them!

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #119 of 181
Very nice approach to start with the history of the company but I would make this video shorter - 10 minutes is too much to keep attention.
Good luck with your AR5000! The product looks solid and promising. I woud be happy to review the unit one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back