Impressions | aune AR5000 Full-Size Open Headphones with MLD Driver
Dec 27, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #77 of 181
Very nice video, it seems like a commercial from years gone by, nostalgic and with very emotional music that conveys the message well without the need for many words
very retro look, really different from the usual and really courageous! in my opinion you either love it or hate it! I also really liked that the video shows the use with the Nintendo, it expresses that they are not only for hardcore audiophiles, but for anyone and for any use, without always needing expensive DACs or amplifiers!
I hope the connectors are sturdy and not too fragile and that the pads are deep enough so as not to touch the driver with your ear, the dynamic driver is nice instead of the usual planars in vogue! The price of 299 is excellent for what was shown!
Furthermore, I also like the fact that you don't build a new product every month, but you make one made according to your beliefs, and you give it time to make itself known without replacing it with a new one in a short time!
congratulations, I hope it is an appreciated project!

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #78 of 181
What's strike me the most is the industrial looking design and build quality for the mere price of 300$, also seems to be very little plastic part and real leather cups/band? Too early to tell anything about the sound quality until reviews are out.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #80 of 181
Your amps & dacs lately have been pretty good so looking forward to your headphone. Sounds like you guys have a real passion for audio which is always a good thing. The quick shot of the graph looks like it extends to the sub bass which is all I want haha. Good luck w the release!

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #81 of 181
Good to see more companies making headphones. From the video I was left with the impression that a lot of research and time went into the AR5000 and I'm interested especially in the angled drivers since they seem even more angled than others.

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #82 of 181
I thought the video was very well done, it gave me more insight into Aune as a company than I previously had.

Most of the acoustic claims are interesting, but I believe that implementation of design is usually key to good sound, as opposed to any specific technology. So what really stood out to me was the amount of forethought & planning that went into the ergonomics of this headphone. In particular, designing the headband from scratch and utilizing angled pad design to follow the contours of the face for better seal stood out for me. I think I'd enjoy hearing this headphone.

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #84 of 181
  • <3 the color combo (red grill + silver)
  • wish the pads are all leather. I have nightmares of Hifiman's cloth pads.
good luck to all

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #85 of 181
Now that is one fine looking headphone. I demoed the Aune S9C Pro DAC/Amp combo and loved it.

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #87 of 181
Always good to see the hard working people behind the products.
Curious to hear just how big they sound with such a thin profile - those angled drivers might be doing a lot of heavy lifting for the soundstage.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #89 of 181
For over 20 years I worked regularly in China with both Chinese & Western musical artists and if there is one thing that truly unites people, it's music. I was the first westernet who brought many musical artists such as The Chemical Brothers, Andy C & Major Lazer/Diplo to China... some were initially sceptical about coming... but when they connected with Chinese artists & fans, they were thrilled to make such trips.

I am a bit older now & am disabled since 2020...r unning around Asia with artists isn't what I am doing so often... and as a result, I have gotten into personal hifi in a HUGE way.

I have just purchased the Aune S17 Pro (still awaiting delivery) & honestly I am now all the happier I have... because this video comes across as extremely sincere - the team behind the project did it first & foremost out of passion.

I am very excited to hear this headphone due to the research they have put into 'creating a personal music hall'. The angled sound diffusers are in theory a touch of genius. This excites me as I've spent the best times of my life at thousands of events in music halls & unfortunately it's not so possible these days.

Congratulations to the team at Aune for making such waves & the constant innovation with your products. People are already saying that the S17 Pro is the best headphone amp ever made...surely these headphones follow a similar ethos & process? Excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back