Impressions | aune AR5000 Full-Size Open Headphones with MLD Driver
Dec 26, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #46 of 207
Comfort, sound, build quality, and looks. Bringing them all together in one headphone is a challenge. These look to be aiming high in all categories. The feature I am looking forward to is the even frequency response, low distortion, and low breakup in the high frequencies. The spatial effect of this piques my interest.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #47 of 207
it has small driver compare to its body
tbf 50mm isn't that small but in 115mm body is a bit strange , FT3 has 60mm I believe

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #48 of 207
This young company has swiftly garnered respect for its groundbreaking approach to audio technology. its incredible solutions involving clocks are great! Let’s see what we will see in headphones area!

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #49 of 207
Really amazes by the effort Aune put into this headphone creation. We can see that on the headband parts only Aune use 10 different material to create the best comfortable experience, thus showed that everything including the smalls details in making the headphone is seriously been taken care of. For sound quality for sure its among the best ever created by Aune and I cant wait to own it soon.

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #50 of 207
I enjoyed learning about Aune´s history, I only new the brand by name and now I know it by philosophy and vision, which includes quality, affordability and innovation. What stuck most in my mind is the low 28 ohm impedance and the "extremely low distortion and velvety texture" those last words are like music to my ears :beyersmile:

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #52 of 207
Looks like a cool new headphone, hopefully to be followed by a whole line. I have always liked the brand as I never heard anything bad about it.

I have been looking hard at the S17 Pro and now this is interesting. I look forward to hearing/reading some reviews on them. They are definitely attractive and look very comfortable.

I was going to treat myself to a set of FiiO FT5's, but didn't pull the trigger. I wonder who will carry these in Canada?

Most of my headphones are pretty efficient, so these would fit right in.
I am a bit surprised with the efficiency as I don't use my open backs in public or at work. I would love to hear them in my desktop system though.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #54 of 207
I love that reliability and comfort were emphasis of this headphone. Too many uncomfortable headphones out there.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #55 of 207
I didn't know anything about the long history behind HiFiDIY and that Aune grew out of that community. That's definitely a cool heritage.

It would have been helpful for me to know which full-size headphones you considered to be your benchmark(s) as you developed the AR5000. You mention your own Jasper while using the words "neutral" and "musical" ... but those two words somewhat contradict each other. Is there a unique signature you were aiming for?

I have to say I think you nailed it with the design of these - a very classy and premium feel as compared with one of your competitors who went with a much more "gamer" style in their first full-size release earlier this year. I like that you invested so much time and effort into the construction and ergonomics.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #56 of 207
The implementation of the copper rings in the structure of driver is very interesting. I'm guessing it reduces vibration and resonance.

Hopefully, there'll be one to demo at canjam nyc next year.

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #57 of 207
AR5000 full-size over-ear open headphones with MLD driver, now available.

Here is a promo video we made for the AR5000 which we are very proud of. It's also the story of aune.

We are giving away a pair of AR5000 to one lucky winner! :)

Simply reply with what you think of the video and what features of the AR5000 are left on your brain when you finish watching the video/what features impress you.

No word limit. Any honest thoughts are welcome. But sure we'll check whether the features are correct:wink:

We'll use a random number tool to generate the lucky post number.
Every ID one entry; If multiple posts, only the first post counts.
Closes on Jan 8th 23:59 (Beijing time)
*If the corresponding post doesn't meet the requirement, the next number/post wins.

Good luck everyone!

☞ Amazon USA: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLPC7Q2S

☞ Distributors: http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/lists/category/68.html

☞ Learn more about the AR5000: http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=Home/Article/detail/id/579.html

Air Reference Series. This headphone should be very comfort for long listening. 2 plug jack for each side is great for headphone.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #58 of 207
I like the esthetic of the design, the headband looks very confortable. This approach of separating the actual headband from the spring itself is my favorite for comfort, and refining such a solution is IMO a good direction for optimal comfort. I like a rather warm sounding headphone but one that is still transparent and agile over the whole audio range. I think i could like these headphones if not too much on the fun side. These headphones have a look that suggest a higher price point. They certainly look interesting, given they start from a clean design sheet and do not just aim at producing good sound but have durability and comfort in mind.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #59 of 207
These look absolutely glorious and that graph is extremely exciting! The theme of longevity really excites me as someday I would love to share the same sounds that define my music with my child. Every headphone is so different and I believe that the sets that become central to a person can be passed on as a view of that persons outlook on music and even life. High hopes for this set and I cannot wait to try it!

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #60 of 207
The video conveys the ideals and history behind Aune and the AR5000 headphone. I am intrigued by the headband design and the driver technology. This headphone has the potential to seriously contend against other headphones. I am excited to listen to the Aune AR5000.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back