Impressions | aune AR5000 Full-Size Open Headphones with MLD Driver
Dec 26, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #31 of 180
Very clean overall design. mini concert!
28 ohms impedance easy to drive!
Comfort seems to be a very important design criteria!
Headband size that was fine tuned with precision of half a millimeter!
Amazing..
Multiple layer composite driver, angled at a nice angle for great sound stage in a small package.
Soft faced earpads that feel good against the skin !

Would love to listen with them!
I have Final Audio D8000 Pro, Rosson Designs Rad "0", ZMF Verite Closed, Heddphones, Meze Emperyean. Want to see if these can stack up against these.
Alex

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #32 of 180
AR5000 full-size over-ear open headphones with MLD driver, now available.

Here is a promo video we made for the AR5000 which we are very proud of. It's also the story of aune.

We are giving away a pair of AR5000 to one lucky winner! :)

Simply reply with what you think of the video and what features of the AR5000 are left on your brain when you finish watching the video/what features impress you.

No word limit. Any honest thoughts are welcome. But sure we'll check whether the features are correct:wink:

We'll use a random number tool to generate the lucky post number.
Every ID one entry; If multiple posts, only the first post counts.
Closes on Jan 8th 23:59 (Beijing time)
*If the corresponding post doesn't meet the requirement, the next number/post wins.

Good luck everyone!

☞ Amazon USA: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLPC7Q2S

☞ Distributors: http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/lists/category/68.html

☞ Learn more about the AR5000: http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=Home/Article/detail/id/579.html

5.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg亚马逊slogan图.jpg

Wow, can't wait to hear these as a travel option. With that sensitivity they can run off the static electricity built up in my winter socks! Congrats on the nice launch video.

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #33 of 180
I was born in 1973. The same era as the founder of Aune. I think I can correlate the ideas in the video very well. After watching the video my excitement grown -starting right from the beginning! Wow what an history and story! I sense (or feel) that the Aune AR5000 is like a celebration of the founder's era, a nod to the timeless wisdom of Yin-Yang, and an embodiment of the emotional connection we share with the music that defines our lives. I love the design, I am happy to hear that it is lightweight and has angled earpads (and drivers), I am happy to hear that it is rated at 28OHM, I am excited to hear that it delivers spatial sound (I like wide soundstage). I like to try this headphone. I want to ride the journey as it triggers the emotions in my soul. I have to admit, I like the video and explanations of the Aune audio company so much that now I am looking at their other products on their web site!

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #34 of 180
these seem to want to be a budget meze 109 pro which is nice.
love the design and how they seem to be easy to drive. also comfort seems to be a huge bonus of it.

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #35 of 180
The passion from the HIFIDIY forum days and dedication behind this product such as designing and coming up with clever engineering solutions from the ground up, along with that legacy mentality to make something truly remarkable is exciting.

Things in the video that got me hooked up:
  • AUNE's MLD 50mm driver. The complex acoustic design and multi-layers of different composite materials to fix breaking-up issues in the high frequencies got me curious. Also, the achievement of low distortion and the claim of a velvety texture resembling electrostatic headphones is definitely something rare in the dynamic driver realm, as quite often, many open-back models can show non-linearities issues at higher SPLs in the bass.

• As someone who understands bad comfort kills the experience of a great-sounding headphone, the care in creating from scratch and combining multiple materials to improve the headband's comfort and durability is very appealing. The earpads and overall design seem on par and carefully designed.

• The angled driver's design seems akin to stereo when you're sitting on axis in a room and attention to the baffle design makes me curious about its spatial abilities and if AUNE indeed managed to recreate a "miniature hall".

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #36 of 180
First of all, that's a nice looking headphone but as the in the video, listening is subjective so it remains to be heard how it will sound. I do like that it appears as if a lot of thought and design went into the making of this but at a price point that is attainable for most everyone. I especially like the detachable cabling which will provide options for different materials and lengths and the goal of comfort. The best sounding headphone in the world is of little use if it is painful or even uncomfortable to wear. Looking forward to the consumer and professional reviews. Thanks for posting this.

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #38 of 180
Absolutely beautiful modern design that looks incredibly comfortably for long sessions, especially at that 350g weight and suspension strap. The low impedance is what really makes it stand out as it can be easily driven with portable or entry level gear that won't break the bank. Looks like a winner to me. Cheers!

Dec 26, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #39 of 180
I'm left with a positive mindset of the AR5000 after seeing this video.
I like the presentation of the company, core values and passion behind it. I'm fully aware that this could be pure marketing writing, but I guess the reference to the HifiDIY forum adds some confidence.
I like knowing more about the companies behind the products, so Aune has done good here. Combined with the positive feedback on the Aune S17 Pro, I'm overall quite interested in Aune products. The responsiveness from Aune reps on this forum is also a big plus, please keep that up.

I think the AR5000 had some very interesting sides to it, and a lot of potential, especially at $300. The angles driver, focus on comfort and overall look and build quality all makes it something I would like to give a try, or at the very least learn more about.

Great video and exciting product 👍 My only constructive criticism is that I think the music was a bit too high, and took a lot of my attention. Nitpicky, I know :wink:

Thanks to Aune for doing the giveaway.

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #40 of 180
I look forward to user reports of build quality and comfort as those have become deal-breaker characteristics for me when it comes to headphones especially. I don't care how good it sounds if it's uncomfortable to wear or breaks easily. Looking forward also to see additional headphones from Aune. More competition is good for us the consumers.

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #41 of 180
Well aside from the fit and finish which both seem really well done, the main things that stick out to me are 1) how they weren’t chasing the Harman target, and went for a mature, srh-1840esque sound profile, and 2) ANGLED DRIVERS!!! I’m in the “all headphones should either be angled or have their enclosures angled” camp in order to use the physiology of the ear to their advantage.

A sick looking headphone for sure!

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #42 of 180
Liked the detailed video. The most interesting feature I like the idea of having a bit angular design of the driver cup to simulate the bookshelf or floor standing speaker experience in a room. Lighweight headband with optimal pressure for long listening sessions seems interesting too. Looking forward to it.

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #43 of 180

Here is a promo video we made for the AR5000 which we are very proud of. It's also the story of aune.

Simply reply with what you think of the video and what features of the AR5000 are left on your brain when you finish watching the video/what features impress you.

No word limit. Any honest thoughts are welcome. But sure we'll check whether the features are correct:wink:

*If the corresponding post doesn't meet the requirement, the next number/post wins.

Good luck everyone!

☞ Distributors: http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/lists/category/68.html

☞ Learn more about the AR5000: http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=Home/Article/detail/id/579.html

5.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg亚马逊slogan图.jpg

Thanks for the incredible products you are making these times...

Good luck everyone!

5.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg亚马逊slogan图.jpg

Thank you Aune for the incredible products you are making those times. I own a S17 Pro and it's just incredibly good sounding.

I was touched that you mentioned hifidiy in your video and that Aune's story was inspired by the community ! And I was seduced by the mid frequency response in your video.

Thanks again for making those pearls affordable. Long life to you

Dec 26, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #44 of 180
I love the retro design! Looks like some old Beyerdynamic DT880 but with more character and nicer finish. The build looks promising, the angled drivers are my favorites. They are easy to drive and weigh nothing. It's so good to see manufacturers trying to come out with affordable, yet quality products. The video was nicely filmed and engaging to watch. Also, I've seen many teasing photos on the web and from headphone shows here-there. And at least the participation in the giveaway is not limited to the USA or the UK (like some other brands...) Looking forward to hear them soon.

Dec 26, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #45 of 180
Actually ended up enjoying the video. Wish it had possibly better translation on some part of subtitle. I am assuming the proverb had better equivalent in English... (maybe, maybe not). I really enjoyed discovering how Aune came into and the direction it is going on that video clip. Gave perspective on how to view their product which is great for consumer awareness as well as marketing. Another thing, I almost felt like this was better off as 2 part video. One is to introduce company the other for the product. Maybe some reviewer for describing it would be cool too... if a bit corny on product side of story. I felt while from Aune's perspective the video was cohesive... to my perspective it felt... stretched out to jam 2 different things into one... using common ground of "musicality" in mind. While it is doable, I am not sure if it kind of dragged on a little and shifting of focus kind of lost impact for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back