[Impression] Über Muzik Tiny Tube DAC
Jun 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #32 of 48
Hmm interested now with the massdrop price. I wonder how this would pair with Fidelio X2's which are already quite warm? I wouldn't mind the preamp for use with my studio monitors.

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #34 of 48
Thinking of getting this as my first dac/amp after see the massdrop.
beyersmile.png

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #35 of 48
Thinking of getting this as my first dac/amp after see the massdrop. :beyersmile:

This will be my 3rd DAC/amp but I returned the first two. I didn't love the Dragonfly Red so I returned it. I did like the Sine lightning Cipher cable built-in DAC it was REALLY REALLY cool, it is the first truly "portable" DAC, but Sine HPs were so not comfortable for me. For a tube amp/DAC/preamp the massdrop price is lowest I've seen.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #36 of 48
Yup, it even has a solid DAC chip in it. Coupled with the Tube pre, I am really excited to give this a spin 
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #37 of 48
I see that both the Racoon SG-300 and the SMSL M3 are on Massdrop at the same time. Both use the same CS4398 DAC chip, and not that far apart in price. I know they have a few obvious differences like a tube and portability, but any knowledgeable opinions on their sound quality difference?

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #38 of 48
I see that both the Racoon SG-300 and the SMSL M3 are on Massdrop at the same time. Both use the same CS4398 DAC chip, and not that far apart in price. I know they have a few obvious differences like a tube and portability, but any knowledgeable opinions on their sound quality difference?

I may be not fully understanding, but I think the M3s don't have the same connectivity options; no USB for starters. The Racoon has more connectivity options and can also function as DAC, Amp, or Pre-Amp. It seems like it's more than just a tube or no tube - the Racoon has more flexibility and functionality.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #39 of 48
Joined the drop. 

First massdrop order and first dac/amp. :)

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #45 of 48
Does anyone out there know of any mods I can do to this solid state tube headphone hybrid amp dac to improve audio quality? Would a different power adapter improve anything? I also have a computer cord style female plug in housing with an emi shield. It has three wires, and simply accepts a three prong computer style cord that plugs in the wall. Also, would a USB cord that has one of those round barrel type units on it be superior in any way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back