Impressed by Skullcandy Lowriders (and I own some of the world's best headphones)
Jan 28, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #31 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even a WESC would get my money sooner just because I somehow like their look.

K1000 with pads for you, Sir ?
tongue_smile.gif

Can the TS update us ?
This thread was interesting..

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #32 of 89
thread-delivers.jpg

that's pretty much all I have got to say, other than the fact that me and OP have same First Name/Initials on second.
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #35 of 89
I don't know why all this attacking,I swear I enjoy my sennheiser px40($30) out of micro amp more than my ex-k701 and sometimes more than my ie8.am I deaf?no,but sometimes I am in the mood for them and I like to hear their deep punchy bass and airy presentation,what's the problem in that?

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #36 of 89
thanks-for-the-info.jpg

Lol but seriously, good to see you like your cheap earbuds. This thread goes to show not everything has to be expensive to sound good.

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #38 of 89
Yeah lol. Which reminds me to not buy a $2000+ DAC, CD player etc. Just be happy with a sub $700 DAC (like used Benchmark) and a $200 or so Marantz CD player from ebay
biggrin.gif
I have poor ears when it comes to discerning differences. Then again, my music is mainly metal and poorly recorded anyway
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #39 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure a lot of people will laugh at this thread...

I know I am.
biggrin.gif
I heard some hesh and thought they were just the worst thing I've ever heard. muddy, no highs or detail and for $50!? However, I haven't heard the lowriders, but I would guess they sound like my crappy V-150s. But hey, to each his own.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #40 of 89
Well, most Ignorant noobs buy skull candy and listen to 128kbps on their iPod's, so what's the point of having high's and detail?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #41 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, most Ignorant noobs buy skull candy and listen to 128kbps on their iPod's, so what's the point of having high's and detail?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

so true
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #42 of 89
I will say that one of my friends heard the Asyms and thought they were okay. However, I never heard them.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #43 of 89
My noob friend (he really is at everything) was going to buy them and I said don't, get Grado's, you're a bloody metalhead. He's like "Grado's are crap, look how gay they look, Skullcandy way better". I am known in my group of friends to be the audio geek (not even CLOSE on here, am a noob
biggrin.gif
) and he doesn't trust me
rolleyes.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #44 of 89
I bought the Skullcandy Ink'd over a year ago, before I joined this site and found out what good headphones sound like. In all honesty though, I don't think the Ink'd sound bad for the $15 I paid for them, I honestly like their sound better than the JVC Marshmallow's.

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #45 of 89
We all know what those Marshmellow's sound like. Like putting marshmellows in your ears and holding iPod earbuds next to your stuffed ears
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back