impossible to buy dt770's?
Feb 23, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those aren't the dt770/80's i'm talking about. those are the dt770/250's

Maybe next time you might consider saying what you're talking about?
rolleyes.gif

Not sure if English is your first language or not, but until that post you had been writing as if ALL DT770s were discontinued.

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe next time you might consider saying what you're talking about?
rolleyes.gif

Not sure if English is your first language or not, but until that post you had been writing as if ALL DT770s were discontinued.

haha yeah sorry about that. i'm just so used to assuming that when people talk about dt770's they are talking about the 80 ohm version. and yes, english is my first language and that was quite a rude comment. maybe next time you might consider what you're talking about, instead. i was not in any way rude in my comments until now.

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #19 of 28
your post where you quote mine - you say "on headroom it says discontinued...btw". I tell you that Beyerdynamic has NOT discontinued the dt/770/80 Pro (including where to locate the product listing) and add a few places where it can be purchased etc..............and you have the temerity to cite a retailer who is the one who also promulgated the idea that there are 2006 770's, 880's, and also 990's - when in fact there are no such models (the only new versions of these models officially designated as 2005). Hence, the 2006 idea has been endlessly posted here asking about this figment of a retailers' imagination. The manufacturer knows what models they discontinue or introduce, and are the sole arbitors as to model designations. Quoting a firm at the secondary or tertiary level is ......uh...an exceedingly poor practice.

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #20 of 28
They seem to be pretty widely available on ebay. I got them from Guitar Insider on Ebay as well. You should be able to get it for around $140 or so, just make sure you put that in as an offer instead of the BIN price they have listed.

On a sidenote, can anyone recommend me an amp to drive these from an ipod? I have the 80 ohm model and currentlly I'm using a PA2V2, but it's not really driving them all that well. How would the Hornet or Tomahawk do? Is it worth the upgrade? Also would a Line Out Dock make much of a difference on the ipod?

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your post where you quote mine - you say "on headroom it says discontinued...btw". I tell you that Beyerdynamic has NOT discontinued the dt/770/80 Pro (including where to locate the product listing) and add a few places where it can be purchased etc..............and you have the temerity to cite a retailer who is the one who also promulgated the idea that there are 2006 770's, 880's, and also 990's - when in fact there are no such models (the only new versions of these models officially designated as 2005). Hence, the 2006 idea has been endlessly posted here asking about this figment of a retailers' imagination. The manufacturer knows what models they discontinue or introduce, and are the sole arbitors as to model designations. Quoting a firm at the secondary or tertiary level is ......uh...an exceedingly poor practice.

icon10.gif
i agree wholeheartedly. souperman is an idiot. it's great that we have people like you to put him in his place! hilarious

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #22 of 28
after Sunday, when Souperman receives his Oscar......he'd otherwise otherwise become unbearable, unless grounded at this point.

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #23 of 28
Well if you are willing to pay the suggested retail price of 230 Euros
then you could have some custom designed ones straight from Beyer's
website (Beyerdynamic.com). You could have some engraving on the
headband, choose your own impedance rating along with cable option.
And finally you could have different choice of colors from top to toe.
Hope this could help......

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after Sunday, when Souperman receives his Oscar......he'd otherwise otherwise become unbearable, unless grounded at this point.

and after BushGuy wins he'd otherwise otherwise otherwise otherwise become tolerant

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #25 of 28
and Michael Critchton has it right about global warming not the one from Tennessee. YES!

Feb 23, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #26 of 28
Guitar Center sells them for $200, but you could most likely find them cheaper.

Feb 23, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #27 of 28
I got mine for 150 at my local guitar center. They're very flexible with prices, I love it. There is also a seller on eBay that is very flexible with prices, you can "make an offer" or whatever, check eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back