impossible to buy dt770's?
Feb 23, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 28
The old style DT-770's are probably pretty hard to find in stores (or on the web) now that the new revision is out. However, if you don't mind used, every now and then, a DT-770 pops up here on the FS forums. Your best bet to score one of the old style ones is to put up a Wanted ad in the forum, since stores generally clear out their old stock of a product pretty quick.

Aditya

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The old style DT-770's are probably pretty hard to find in stores (or on the web) now that the new revision is out. However, if you don't mind used, every now and then, a DT-770 pops up here on the FS forums. Your best bet to score one of the old style ones is to put up a Wanted ad in the forum, since stores generally clear out their old stock of a product pretty quick.

Aditya

What? A search for the dt770 with froogle yeild 10+ results...

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...70&btnG=Search

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you like them

I love them. They are my first foray into the head-fi hobby. I have been using them unamped so far, because I am waiting for the new version of a certain amp before I buy it.

I do not perceive a large recession in the mids as a lot of people say they have. The bass is excellent, tight and controlled. There is a slight recession in the mid-bass area, but it isn't too bad at all.

If I could have anything out of them, I would want them to be a little brighter.

Overall, they are very nice, and I am more and more happy with them every day.

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 28
Honestly, I still notice more sites carrying the old black Pro versions than the 2003/2005 revisions.
plainface.gif

EDIT: just in case it wasn't perfectly clear from the above posts, the current-revision DT770s are most certainly not discontinued.

Feb 23, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #9 of 28
Where do any of you get the idea the dt770/80 were discontinued? They have never (at least in the last 2 years) been in the listings of most online headphone vendors - but they have been a standard item for Guitar Centers Stores and considered by them an "exclusive"..........and of course to a lessor extent, also a couple of eBay vendors....The last time I looked, Thomann Musikhaus also stocks them.
...........for those you claim discontinuance - take a look at the Beyerdynamic website - there they are in the current catalog! You simply go to the Broadcast Studio pages (NOT Consumer pages). There they are - as usual.

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 28
I got mine from the same eBay seller as nrwilk. And yes, Guitar Center does regularly stock them.

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do any of you get the idea the dt770/80 were discontinued? They have never (at least in the last 2 years) been in the listings of most online headphone vendors - but they have been a standard item for Guitar Centers Stores and considered by them an "exclusive"..........and of course to a lessor extent, also a couple of eBay vendors....The last time I looked, Thomann Musikhaus also stocks them.
...........for those you claim discontinuance - take a look at the Beyerdynamic website - there they are in the current catalog! You simply go to the Broadcast Studio pages (NOT Consumer pages). There they are - as usual.

on headroom it says discontinued...btw

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looked here and I don't see them as discontinued: http://www.headphone.com/products/he...mic-dt-770.php

Could you please clarify this for me as I am considering purchasing a pair.

Thanks,
Bert
confused.gif

those aren't the dt770/80's i'm talking about. those are the dt770/250's

it seems like the dt770's are still being made but only certain distrubutors sell them...not very many...guitar center and guitar insider on ebay i think

i think i'm going to return my a700's and get myself a pair of these babies. i think the a700's just sound like a crappier version of my hd580's, and a better compliment would be a bassy headphone which is great for movies and my basshead side
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back