IMPORTANT! all GERMAN head-fiers: problems with email receipt from to GMX and web.de?
Jul 2, 2007 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

m00hk00h

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I know it may be the wrong forum but it seems head-fi doesn't have a support forum PLUS I need info from other german head-fiers and this can best be obtained here...right?

On hifi-forum some asked if something is wrong with head-fi because he couldn't get any mails from it.
The moment he said that I suddenly realized that I have not been notified about my the last PMs.

I have tried a few mailprovider and it seem that UNITED INTERNET (GMX and web.de!!!) has head-fi.org on their pre-spamfilter list so no mails from head-fi will reach any user of either GMX or web.de.
And these two providers are having a market share of about 80%; so I guess that here are some german head-fiers around that are also using these freemail providers.

I have no Idea what to do...I will call the support tomorrow and will see if I can work something out.

So long anybody who has encountered same problems is prompted to post here just in the case we need every user we can find to take head-fi.org off the blacklist.

If that has been discussed before - I am sorry.
If not: feel free to do with this thread whatever you want as long as you don't let the topic die (@mods).

I am a bit clueless right now. I will see what the call can do...

m00h

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 5
That might be the solution to that problem that has troubled me for quite some time. I have the 'Receive email notification when a PM is received' enabled and got emails until the end of february.
With all newer transactions coordinated via PM, I didn't receive any notifications on my GMX account anymore.
So if they added Head-Fi to their spam filter it must be a relatively new 'improvement'...and a questionable one too for that matter
blink.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 5
I receive at least 10 emails from head-fi a day. This alone might qualify it as spam for some filters. As it is, some occasionally get stuck in my G-mail spam filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back