Imation RipGo! portable CD-R/MP3 drive
Oct 28, 2001 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rohorn

100+ Head-Fier
Whilst eating my delicious Sunday morning breakfast (Pepsi, pop-tarts, and a SlimJim) and perusing the ads in the morning news, I saw an ad for Imation's RipGo! portable drive. It is supposed to be able to record CDs as well as play them back - even MP3s. The ad was from CompUSA. The price is $349.99 - after a $50.00 rebate.

I was thinking of running out and looking at one. But Mom needs a break - so I'm staying at home with the twins and you folks.

Has anybody else seen/listened/bought this unit yet?

Oct 28, 2001 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 6
Sony and Compro have similar units, but they use normal size CD's instead of the tiny ones. Saludos a los gemelos.

Oct 29, 2001 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 6
These must have monster power requirements! Do they burn when only connected to AC or on batteries as well?

Has anyone done a review on these things yet? What's their headphone output like?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 29, 2001 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Since 3 inch / 80mm CDs are an issue for this machine, has anybody else ever made a mini-CD player for those size discs? I know they will play in a normal CD player (when they are recorded in standard CD format). It's just that I seem to remember seeing a mini-CD player 5-8 years ago or so. Or did I just see a MD player?

Nov 3, 2001 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 6
I saw an old SONY D-88 Cd walkman. It is designed for 3 inch cd's, but it also plays normal cd's. You just have to pull a small lever so the laser and spinner will move to the corner of the player and then you can put a normal CD inside. The only problem is that the outside of the CD is not protected by the player, and that obviously doen't make it very portable. But it looks really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back