Imagine if Beethoven had a DAW!
Sep 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

twentyHz

100+ Head-Fier
A computer audio enthusiast myself, I sit down and have long seesions in my favoirte DAW Cubase 6. I try to compose a variety of music. I just had a random thought.

What if Beethoven had a symphony at his fingertips. I mean a DAW ready for his midi input. Would he have made 100 symphonies? 1000? I mean he would have no need to gather an orchestra to hear his composition.

I know it is a ridiculous thought, even more ridiculous to share it here... Oh well, thought it was funny and I would share it with however finds/reads this thread!

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
A computer audio enthusiast myself, I sit down and have long seesions in my favoirte DAW Cubase 6. I try to compose a variety of music. I just had a random thought.

What is Beethoven had a symphony at his fingertips. I mean a DAW ready for his midi input. Would he have made 100 symphonies? 1000? I mean he would have no need to gather an orchestra to hear his composition.

I know it is a ridiculous thought, even more ridiculous to share it here... Oh well, thought it was funny and I would share it with however finds/reads this thread!

Beehtoven would have used the heck out of FM8. What I don't think people understand when they say, "MUSIC ISN'T THE SAME AS IT USED TO BE!" is that the true innovators would have openly embraced the technologies that are used today.

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Logic perhaps Ableton unlikely, maybe Cubase.
I bet he would have had all the software companies begging him to endorse their vst's

Only reason I saw him using Ableton is because of how quick it is to get things done in it. And he'd definitely use FL's step sequencer through Re-Wire. 

And he'd totally be endorsed by NI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back