Image X10 Issue
Dec 15, 2008 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

j_diddy

New Head-Fier
It ultimately happened. After a month or so after noticing the crack my left earphone. I finally noticed that the sound on the left driver of my X10 started going a bit weak.

Although still very enjoyable, things get a bit disappointing when you start hearing the disparity inside your ears.

Sadly, I'm not from the States and bought my x10s from an unaffiliated retailer alas, would have to pass up the thought of having these returned.

Honestly, I was planning of getting the C3 as my backup monitor, but is now a bit unsure if I should still go for them considering what had just happened.

Is there still a way to fix this? Or should I just keep my EQ setting off normal forever?

Dec 19, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish someone from Klipsch would at least acknowledge this.

Agreed. What about it, Klipsch?

How many customers have reported cable problems, is this covered by warranty, and what steps are you taking to fix the problem?

I am an X5 owner with absolutely no reliability issues and only good things to report.

That said, you need to address this issue. Continued silence isn't helping.

Thank you.

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 16
We have seen some instances of minor splitting of the rubber casing, but thus far (after over a year of being on the market) it appears to an isolated cosmetic issue that will not affect the actual ear bud or drivers housed in them.

(j diddy -- I'm sorry to hear of your trouble, but it is unlikely the two issues are related -- is the reseller doing anything to help you?)

That said, of course the splitting is unacceptable, and we therefore have begun using an alternate material that is not as susceptible.

If anyone has concerns about their particular unit, I would encourage you to contact our support at 800-554-7724. If customers do not contact us, we have no way to measure the problem and offer solutions!

Thank you!
Amy

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have seen some instances of minor splitting of the rubber casing, but thus far (after over a year of being on the market) it appears to an isolated cosmetic issue that will not affect the actual ear bud or drivers housed in them.

(j diddy -- I'm sorry to hear of your trouble, but it is unlikely the two issues are related -- is the reseller doing anything to help you?)

That said, of course the splitting is unacceptable, and we therefore have begun using an alternate material that is not as susceptible.

If anyone has concerns about their particular unit, I would encourage you to contact our support at 800-554-7724. If customers do not contact us, we have no way to measure the problem and offer solutions!

Thank you!
Amy

Amy, would you kindly clarify:
-- Whether any models other than the X10 have the splitting problems?
-- Whether Klipsch is covering this under warranty?

Thank you for advising owners to contact customer service. But how is customer service handling the problem?

As I mentioned, my X5 has worked flawlessly. But I think current and potential customers would feel better if Klipsch is more open in addressing this issue.

Thanks,

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-- Whether any models other than the X10 have the splitting problems?
-- Whether Klipsch is covering this under warranty?

As far as I have heard, just the X10, and yes, it's covered under warranty.

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 16
I've been reading posts on head-fi for a while and bought a pair of image X10s last year, I have now had my second pair fail on me. The sound quality and customer service has been brilliant so far but 2 headsets failing in less than 6 months each is unacceptable.

I would just like to stress the only thing I was disappointed with was the build quality, the wire/connection seems to fail within a short period of time given a normal amount of usage and always cased. I had a pair of the Shure SE210 that I sold last week which I now regret as the X10 failed a second time. I hope to send the headphones back again but this time get a refund.

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amy

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately we had a previously agreed clause that there shall be no warranties after 7 days from purchase.
Yes I was that desperate to get the X10s. Lesson learned I guess.

Right now I'm putting them on storage as getting too stressed about them won't really do me any good.
Anyways, I might still go for the C3s. But then again. I have yet to put a lot of thought into it.

Regards,
j

EDIT: I was told that they could have it fixed with me shelling out some cash to finance whatever.. (shipping, labors, parts.. whatever).
but oh well..

Dec 29, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #12 of 16
Can the casing be opened easily to change the cable in these earphones? I was thinking of buying a set and changing the cable for a mic/clicker cable to use with my iPhone.

It's a shame that Klipsch do not make iPhone ready earphones.

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #14 of 16
Interesting.... I am in the market for a new pair of IEM's and was considering either the X10's or the Shure SE530's. After reading about the wire reliability issues with the Shures I was leaning towards the X10's. This thread is making me lean toward the Shures again. Amy: Can you confirm that if one was to purchase a new set of X10's that this issue has largely been taken care of?

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting.... I am in the market for a new pair of IEM's and was considering either the X10's or the Shure SE530's. After reading about the wire reliability issues with the Shures I was leaning towards the X10's. This thread is making me lean toward the Shures again. Amy: Can you confirm that if one was to purchase a new set of X10's that this issue has largely been taken care of?

The Shure SE530's cable is much thicker than the X10, which will less likely get damaged or split. I have the Klipsch X5 for about 4 months now and the cable seems fine along with the rubber strain relief. Just don't jerk the cord or throw your IEM into a backpack with other items or stuff it in your pocket unless it is roomy. As long as you take good care of them then both IEM should be fine. Plus, Shure and Klipsch have amazing customer service in case a cable is damaged or faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back