Image S4 Review
Aug 2, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #31 of 70
don't mean to brake the good vibes but here is the only negative review i found on these earphones. Not that i was searching for negative one, it was actually the firs result that popped of google while serching for "image s4 review".
However, mine are on the way and i'm guessing they will more then satisfy my needs - people are mixing different kind of fruits when doing reviews, you can't expect $80 earphone do wonders and compare it only to others in that class. When all other reviews state they are one of the best wearing this price tag it is somewhat fishy seeing this guy stating: "...S4 sounded like a $50 earphone with a nice casing and a higher price tag"
It is impossible to stay objective when writing a review, but still I'm looking forward to see MaoDi's impressions.
Since i'm from croatia, it was almost impossible to get them here but friend of mine is coming here on vacation in few days and will bring them
atsmile.gif

hehe, i will make exclusive review for magazine i work for and no one will be able to get them. bummer
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #32 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by betrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't mean to brake the good vibes but here is the only negative review i found on these earphones. Not that i was searching for negative one, it was actually the firs result that popped of google while serching for "image s4 review".

I read this review before I bought my S4's. After having my S4's for a month, all I can say about the review is that this doofus was apparently having a bad week.

Maybe he put them in his ears with the Klipsch label to the outside... Maybe he never got a decent seal... Maybe he got the only S4 that sneaked past QC... Maybe he got bit by a dog named Klipsch when he was a kid. I bet you disagree with him, too, if you get to use the earphones for a month.

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #33 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by betrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, mine are on the way and i'm guessing they will more then satisfy my needs - people are mixing different kind of fruits when doing reviews, you can't expect $80 earphone do wonders and compare it only to others in that class. When all other reviews state they are one of the best wearing this price tag it is somewhat fishy seeing this guy stating: "...S4 sounded like a $50 earphone with a nice casing and a higher price tag"
It is impossible to stay objective when writing a review, but still I'm looking forward to see MaoDi's impressions.
Since i'm from croatia, it was almost impossible to get them here but friend of mine is coming here on vacation in few days and will bring them
atsmile.gif

hehe, i will make exclusive review for magazine i work for and no one will be able to get them. bummer
tongue_smile.gif

I'll be honest, Jeremy Horwitz has amazing writing, but his ears i find very weird at times...The S4 are nothing of he says in during my listening sessions...

Aug 3, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #34 of 70
Thanks on your opinions! I kinda thought so to, but still - it is comforting to see someone who actually has the earphones disagree with this particular review..
Will post my opinion once they arrive.

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #35 of 70
I'd really like to hear the S4's simply to see how they compare to my X10s. I don't imagine they will sound as good, but I'm curious how close the gap is in comparison (i.e., do the S4's do a good enough job to avoid the additional price?).

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #37 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd really like to hear the S4's simply to see how they compare to my X10s. I don't imagine they will sound as good, but I'm curious how close the gap is in comparison (i.e., do the S4's do a good enough job to avoid the additional price?).

I would like to know this as well.

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #38 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is really a matter of opinion, I can't answer for you. Think the S4s do a more than excellent job for the price, but I prefer the X10 for comfort.

Aug 13, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #40 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by cornman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the S4's have more of a forward sound or is it more laid-back?

It's definitely not what I would call "laid-back." Bass and mids are very pronounced, but there is good separation and clarity overall. It's a very good, all-around iem.

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #41 of 70
hmm now that Klipsch is discontinuing the Custom line, i wonder what new earphones they are coming up with to take it's place. Because i genuinely love the Custom 3 and 2, the Custom 3 is also the one of the only earphones out there that have a "true" crossover, rather than cheap capacitors.

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #42 of 70
I think S4 are great IEMs but I really like C3 and it's mids are amazing. I hope klipsch will launch some triple driver or true three way drivers IEMs
biggrin.gif
. Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is really a matter of opinion, I can't answer for you. Think the S4s do a more than excellent job for the price, but I prefer the X10 for comfort.

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #43 of 70
I am really loving these S4's. As others have stated the highs are there, but somewhat subdued, and the mids and bass are outstanding.

I think I am somewhere between the large and medium rubber tips, so i was going to order some Comply's, but the S4's are not listed on their site yet, does anyone know if the Comply X-10 tips will fit the S4's?

Thanks.

Aug 23, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by overthebars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really loving these S4's. As others have stated the highs are there, but somewhat subdued, and the mids and bass are outstanding.

I think I am somewhere between the large and medium rubber tips, so i was going to order some Comply's, but the S4's are not listed on their site yet, does anyone know if the Comply X-10 tips will fit the S4's?

Thanks.

Yes they will as the whole Klipsch lines shares the same nozzle. But i don't recommend the Comply tip for the S4 as Comply's tend to make the sound warmer, and muddier. Which is a big disadvantage on the S4 consider they're so dark, and warm already.

Aug 23, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #45 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes they will as the whole Klipsch lines shares the same nozzle. But i don't recommend the Comply tip for the S4 as Comply's tend to make the sound warmer, and muddier. Which is a big disadvantage on the S4 consider they're so dark, and warm already.

Okay, thanks for the answer. Are there any after market tips you would recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back