iMac Won't Communicate with DP X1A
Mar 10, 2018 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AndyKatz

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings, I decided to plunge back into the world of portable fi with first the Cowon Plenue P1 & then the Onkyo XP1A. Not having done my homework completely, I bought the Cowon not realizing it lacked a line-out &/or unbalanced line. Also found I greatly preferred a dial volume control. Hence the Onkyo.

Thus far I think the Onkyo's unbalanced 2.5 & dial control give it an edge over the Cowon.

On the minus is how delicate it feels by comparison. But the sound staging in via the unbalanced line out pays for a lot of sins.

Only problem is that after downloading X Dap link for Mac I keep getting the error message that unit can't be found because some other program is occupying it, apparently. Granted the instructions anticipate this & advise one close off the player & restart it with X Dap. So far I'm tried doing that in several different variations (launch X Dap before turning player on, visa versa) without success.

Are there any XP1A users out there who can advise me on the how to communicate with my iMac?

Also, similarly unable to link Plenue to Mac. As I understand it, a basic file transfer should be available between Cowons and Macs, but the only way I can put music on my Cowon is via the micro SD card. Even using the disc utility as advised online fails to get the computer to recognize the player.

Any advice on either would be greatly appreciated.

andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back