iM716 DIY Pod Removal (aka, Podectomy)
Oct 17, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #107 of 352
To get an idea of what it is like, just plug your ears and walk around. You will hear the same thing with any IEM.

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #108 of 352
just use it over the ear... I can use it like that and it makes the problem of microphonic over. but u'll still have hear your foot step. but it does not bother me.

I'm moving from kimawe 39 to 27 and like the 27....

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #110 of 352
Quote:

Originally Posted by malushi88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey jSatch, you can buy Vishay resistors at Mouser Electronics.
The link above is to Mouser's home page. Here is a link to the list of Vishay/Dale resistors they sell. Cheers!

Also, since I found this thread I am now convinced to buy a pair of iM716's. I think after placing the 68ohm resistors they will sound good through a PA2v2
etysmile.gif

Thanks for the heads up. But now I went to the site. First, do I want 47 k ohm or just 47 ohm? Also, if just 47 ohm, there are about three or four of them. Basically, is there any way you could just tell me a parts number? Thanks!!!

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #111 of 352
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcc84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up. But now I went to the site. First, do I want 47 k ohm or just 47 ohm? Also, if just 47 ohm, there are about three or four of them. Basically, is there any way you could just tell me a parts number? Thanks!!!

You don't want k-ohm, just ohm.

Dec 6, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #113 of 352
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ANYBODY DIY'ers offering podectomy services...
what is the cost?

Moon Audio.

See thread iM716 “modded” by BushGuy.

I think it runs around $30. Very nice job though. You will need to tell them the value of the resistors you'd like inserted, unless you have a separate amp for that, like BushGuy (se thread).

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #115 of 352
For some reason, after the podectomy, the left plug is louder than the right. Tried different tips, checked in both ears (to make sure I wasnt going deaf), and problem still remains. Is this a solder problem? Anybody got any idea what the deal is?

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #117 of 352
hmmm. I got them like two days ago. But I'll give it a shot.

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #118 of 352
Awesome, thanks sm10, that was it. Prob need to clean my ears more or somethin. Anybody know where i can get replacement filters?

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #119 of 352
From Etymotics site, F15 for 5 pair (just got some myself). You need the filters for the ER8 (the red ones, for the wireless phones). However, some say you just need to put a little foam into the filter barrels (scrape out the insides), rather than buy new filters, which I have never tried. Some go without entirely, but I don't think that's a good idea. Best thing is to use tips that keep your ears away from the ends of the 716s. In other words, the longer the tip, the better. Not easy to do, but the black foamies are a good example. After two days, your filter should not have clogged already, though.

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #120 of 352
ahh. more help from tsarn. thanks again buddy. just ordered some. is there a link to filter mod for im716s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back