iM590 help / suggestions
Aug 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

REDH0RN

100+ Head-Fier
I have a new pair and have let them burn in for about 50 hours. Sound is great when I am able to seat them solidly. Problem is they work their way out slightly especially when I move around. I realize this is a personal anatomical issue because my right side stays seated more while the left loses it's seal quickly. Is there any tips or tricks I can apply to remedy this? Should I try the M1's instead? I purchased through Amazon so I may be able to return the Metals if they do not work out. Think I may have shallow ear canals.

Looking for solid accurate bass response what ever I settle with. Intended to get some Etymotic hf5's later down the road when $'s allows. Should I just shoot for them now? I have heard that their tips usually allow one to find a pair that seals appropriately.

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 8
I really like the sound of these when seated. Switched back and forth between the medium and large tips and also tried over the ear wear. They just will not stay sealed. Any ideas for ~$80 pair that might have better results without sacrificing sound quality? Would not like to give up too much bass if any.

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 8
Hybrids are usually sold at Best Buy. You can also get them online (amazon, B&H, etc). If you want to save a few bucks you can get knockoffs off of ebay which are pretty much identical to the real thing.

Comply foam is worth trying as well but they get pricy real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back