I'm sorry but I have another advice thread
Dec 23, 2007 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Bobby2131

Head-Fier
I tried doing some searching but it just becomes overwhelming.

What I'm looking for is for full-sized headphones that I'll be using with my computer (I should probably think about a soundcard too right?) and iPod that are gonna cost me no more than about $200 ($250 is my absolute max) I listen to all kinds of music so don't worry about that. I think I'd like closed headphones because I like to listen to music pretty loud and it tends to annoy people that they can hear my music. I'll also be living in a dorm next year so I wouldn't want to piss off my my roommate. Comfort is a factor and as stupid as this sounds I want them to look nice as well.

From my own research (Before everything gets out of hand and I give up) I've thought about getting Sennheiser HD595's but if there's a cheaper or better alternative that's fine, I'm not in love with any pair right now.

Thank you.

Edit: I just thought maybe you should know right now i use Koss KSC-75's with my iPod.

Dec 23, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby2131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried doing some searching but it just becomes overwhelming.

What I'm looking for is for full-sized headphones that I'll be using with my computer (I should probably think about a soundcard too right?) and iPod that are gonna cost me no more than about $200 ($250 is my absolute max) I listen to all kinds of music so don't worry about that. I think I'd like closed headphones because I like to listen to music pretty loud and it tends to annoy people that they can hear my music. I'll also be living in a dorm next year so I wouldn't want to piss off my my roommate. Comfort is a factor and as stupid as this sounds I want them to look nice as well.

From my own research (Before everything gets out of hand and I give up) I've thought about getting Sennheiser HD595's but if there's a cheaper or better alternative that's fine, I'm not in love with any pair right now.

Thank you.

HD595's are open. Try out the sr-60's they are easer to drive. and only cost $70.00

Dec 23, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 27
I know they're open but if they're really good then I can deal with that. SR-60's are open as well are they not?

And what I meant was when I would read other threads I just started to lose focus on what I was looking for because there was just so much information.

Dec 23, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good advice. Searches are pretty straight forward.

While the SR-60's are great cans for ~200 the 595 are much better and work well unamped.

Dec 23, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

If I decide to go with the 595's do you think I'd have a problem with sound leaking?

Yes they along with all of the Grado headphones are open and will leak sound. If you are looking for something closed you could spend a little extra money and pick up the beyerdynamic DT 770. They may run a little high but it does sound like what you are looking for.

and oh yea they look great to
wink.gif

beyerdynamic DT 770 @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Dec 23, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

I took a look at those but from what I was reading I thought the 595's were the best but I probably don't want something open.

What about these? Ultrasone HFI-700 @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

The problem with the DT 770's is you more then likely need an amp. The 595's will not need an amp but are open.

I dont know about the Ultrasones

Dec 23, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #13 of 27
Well I don't know how trustworthy Cnet is with headphone reviews but they say "These are very efficient headphones that will get plenty loud with flea-powered MP3 players." So I guess that means I woudn't need an amp with them.

Dec 23, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with the DT 770's is you more then likely need an amp. The 595's will not need an amp but are open.

I dont know about the Ultrasones

The pro 80 ohm model is fine unamped, and cheaper too (no leather carry bag, but real leather headband padding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back