I'm so confused! Help picking a pair of cans for work.
Jun 2, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 18
Well, I brought my Grados to the office today (along with my amp and dock and iPod) and find them a bit open at times, yet their openness is handy at times. A slightly more closed phone would be better for keeping out some of the louder noise this place develops at times.

I'm hoping to spend under $100 CAD. Because I also have to get a Pocketdock Line-Out, that becomes a bit of a challenge. The Senn PX-100 or Koss Porta Pro are shortlisted right now, but the Senn HD 555 or Beyerdynamic DT231 or Alessandro MS-1s are still sort of in the running just because they're probably better... Also, apart from the Allesandros, shipping can get quite expensive to Canada... The Beyerdynamics from Todd's or Headroom are tempting due to their price...

Argh! Still undecided.

Jun 2, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #18 of 18
The K240 Studio's are pretty much open headphones as far as isolation, not a good choice for this application. I would go with the AKG K26P as they are cheap and quite good... or you could try those new Sennheiser HD201's that Headroom seems to like. Can't go wrong for $20.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back