I'm seriously upset right now
Jan 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are not the only one who has gone through that, and I can assure you that the majority (if not all) of the people here who have tried a big number of HPs have come through that impression.

The thing is that those 2 headphones sound different. The Denon's drivers are most likely better technically speaking, but our hearing can get used to loads of things, so once the sound is known your brain doesn't register it as a new stimuli.

If you really want proof (Edit:
smily_headphones1.gif
sounds funny now that i read it again) that the Denon's you have were not money lost, give yourself a break from music/gaming with headphones for around a week, and try again both cans. You will notice again the differences.

Finally, bare in mind that most headphones must sound very similar to each other (in absolute terms), because if they were to sound completely different from each other we would be speaking of change of tonality or some strange things like guitars sounding like pianos (to put a simple and lame example). I hope you get where I am going with this.

Nice post Bullseye.
bigsmile_face.gif

USG

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I know is that the PK3 buds completely crush the stock sansa buds. And you're right - the stock ones aren't *that* bad. They're just not what I would call "audiophile" grade.

I would have to disagree with you. Although I don't have PK3s, I find the stock Fuze buds very similar to my PK2s.
L3000.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swbf2cheater,

If you don't mind, I just have a couple of questions about these Sansa buds. First, do they look like (a) these, (b) the ones in this pic, or (c) none of the above? Also, if the buds look like example (a), could you take a close look at the holes on the front of the driver housing where the sound comes out? Are some of the "holes" closed? Thanks in advance! (A pic would also be nice.
wink.gif
)

These are the stock buds that came with my Fuze:

orig.jpg

The ones you show in the picture with the Clip (B) are the same buds that came with both my clips.

USG

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to disagree with you. Although I don't have PK3s, I find the stock Fuze buds very similar to my PK2s.
L3000.gif

These are the stock buds that came with my Fuze:

The ones you show in the picture with the Clip (B) are the same buds that came with both my clips.

USG

Mine are clip buds as in picture 2 (http://sale.images.woot.com/Sandisk_...rheiDetail.jpg). I assumed sansa shipped identical buds with all its products, but is it possible that there is that much difference between fuze and clip buds? The PK3s definitely sound better than the stock clip buds.

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine are clip buds as in picture 2 (http://sale.images.woot.com/Sandisk_...rheiDetail.jpg). I assumed sansa shipped identical buds with all its products, but is it possible that there is that much difference between fuze and clip buds? The PK3s definitely sound better than the stock clip buds.

One would tend to think that....

My PK2s are shaped more like Clip buds than the long thin Fuze buds.

If you want to try something interesting, turn your PKs around and insert them upside down, gently holding them in place with your thumbs.....

orig.jpg

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like your case!

Cheap, effective, disposable, foldable, water & dust resistant... what more could you ask for
k701smile.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #22 of 35
Maybe it's not the soundstage that's helping you pinpoint people, but rather the wallhacks, BF2 Cheater.

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swbf2cheater,

If you don't mind, I just have a couple of questions about these Sansa buds. First, do they look like (a) these, (b) the ones in this pic, or (c) none of the above? Also, if the buds look like example (a), could you take a close look at the holes on the front of the driver housing where the sound comes out? Are some of the "holes" closed? Thanks in advance! (A pic would also be nice.
wink.gif
)

It was B
P1020064.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm definately with the OP here, i've got the Denon 1001's and a Sansa Clip and a few months ago when i was tidying up my draws i found the earbuds still in wrapper and thought id give them a whirl.

They do actually sound shocking similar - soundstage, mids, highs etc....only thing i would say was lacking is the bass slam that you get with the full sized pair of HP, but considering they come free with the player, I'm not complaining.

I'm actually frantically trying to find them right now so i can see how to compare against the 2k's.

They are in fact shockingly similar. The only difference is the D1ks bass and the location the sound of music comes from, which to me is a mid range distance. ( By this i mean if you close your eyes and really listen, the sound of the music seems distant like in crappy sets, kinda medium distance away, and some right on your head by your ears where they should be as found in expensive sets. The Sansa buds sound RIGHT ON YOUR EAR, which is awsome. The Dk1 sound more distant but more clear, the response is near identical with the bass as an exception. I am shocked and appalled, but also happy because another 85 bucks or so may come my way soon, i dont want to sell them, i collect headphones, but I use the D1k more than anything I own. :[[[[

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightwalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't hate the Denon, hate your ears
wink.gif

Oh no you didn't!! *snaps finger and shakes head side to side
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh well, it can be that you're not used to close cans.

I own and use equally as many closed as I do open :p My ears are experienced enough to hear and understand what is going on. The sansa buds have near the same response as the highs and mids in the D1k. Near identical. This is not an exaggeration lol...Of course the D1k are more crisp and clear, but not by that much when both are amped right. Thats a sad thing and a very good thing. I made a topic a while back about the Itec earbuds doing the same thing, I got them for $5. They are just as good as the sansa buds in terms of overall quality, but lack that soundstage. I wont look at Denon the same anymore :[ *salutes

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe it's not the soundstage that's helping you pinpoint people, but rather the wallhacks, BF2 Cheater.

I am happily retired from star wars battlefront 2. I've reigned supreme for nearly 4 whole years as a top 10 player. Hell, I think my win/loss ratio was so good I am still in the top 10 list after not having played for a few months as seen through GlobalWarfighter Competition And yes, I cheated heavily in that game muaha, but soundstage wasnt important there, no footsteps or anything like that, radar worked perfect and we didnt need good headphones for it
biggrin.gif

But I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 a lot, and soundstage is so vital. And I am a lazy butt and too afraid to take my Senn Hd 600s out or any of the nice sets I have to use casually. These sansa buds do the job better than a $100.00 D1k or any other closed backs. The Senn HD 485 and 555 pwn them of course, but still, its the principal of the thing...

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #26 of 35
Either you've defects or bad EQ settings, because they are better than the Zune HD buds and cowon s9...which are notorious for being VERY GOOD. If you are in fact using the ones I am, as there are two versions, please download foobar and wasapi, plug your buds into the pc directly, not through the speakers and please report back here. If they sound AWFUL then we can be sure you have defective buds...because the sansa fuze buds excellent quality and shouldnt at all sound awful.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw his user name
wink_face.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #28 of 35
It's the 2nd page, so many people will not read it - but I have to point out that my packed in buds that came with my Sansa Fuze didn't even last 2 months of daily use... first the left hand ear began cracking up and then the cable literally fell apart and I had to buy a new set of phones.

Jan 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #30 of 35
HA HA HA HA. I went and found the Fuze buds in my daughters room. I got the Fuze for myself for Christmas. I said to her, here want some buds... To me they are miniature PortaPros, thick and syrupy but with far wider soundstage. What a surprise! Think I can ask for them back? Ha, thanks for the revealing post. I'll actually listen to the stock buds next time. I thought I learnt here that stock buds just are not good so I didn't even TRY them! Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back