I'm poor - E2C cable tear help
Mar 3, 2011 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kaaspeer

Head-Fier
I've had my trusty E2C's since 2007 and the cable had cracked numerous times. I've always sent them back to get them repaired. Since my warranty has expired I've always treated my buds well, trying to avoid to stress the cable too much. But finally the isolation has cracked on the part that goes over my right ear. The crack is still quite small and the wire isn't completely exposed. I'm hopefull that there's a cheap fix for the tear. I would post a pic of it, but I don't think my cellphone will take a proper picture.

I'm a college student and I don't really have the money to just simply replace them with similar IEMs. Does anyone have a cheap fix? All I could find was people suggesting that isolating tape wouldn't hold the cable together in the long run and to just send them back. Sending them back isn't really an option anymore, sadly. It would be sad to just replace them with really cheap and crappy earbuds.

Thanks in advance

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 5
heres  what i do with cracks, whether with my e3cs back in the day or my ice hockey skates.. use epoxy. and dip your fingers in water as you shape the epoxy so its more flush. it'll give your iems some life for a while but treat them with care all the same.. eventually the epoxy will wear itself out. my e3cs have been binned.

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 5
- lightningfast reply. I like those email notifications [/END OFFTOPIC]

That's a pretty good idea, thanks. Hopefully it'll keep them in working order untill my birthday in august.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back