I'm officially very impressed with my iAudio 7
Nov 8, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #17 of 39
I've had mine for a week and am very happy with it.

The swing touch was annoying at first but after setting the sensitivity to low and after a couple a days it was EASY switching albums/songs. The only downside is how sensitive the swing touch is as it sometimes pauses my music while in my pocket but I have a Noreve case on the way and it should fix that.

Coming from 3 iPods, the SQ blew me away. The MachBass + my EB's really
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

I ended up selling my iPod Touch for this thing!! It doesn't have all the fancy cool extras but for music listening, I am very satisfied with it.

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had mine for a week and am very happy with it.

The only downside is how sensitive the swing touch is as it sometimes pauses my music while in my pocket...

Have you tried using one of the hold options? In bed and during workouts I must use hold, otherwise I end up pausing it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
"WMA: ~256kbps, ~48khz, mono/stereo"

Does this mean i7 does not play WMA Lossless files (non-DRM'd)?

I don't use WMA files but I assume that spec means 256 kbps as the max.

Nov 8, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #19 of 39
thanks a lot dane for the reply. so from what you said i guess there is the possibility to go next/back file, but not also folders, right?
that's something quite important for me...i think (i am used to a cd/mp3 player which broke and i was using a lot the next/back folder buttons)

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablobaluba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks a lot dane for the reply. so from what you said i guess there is the possibility to go next/back file, but not also folders, right?
that's something quite important for me...i think (i am used to a cd/mp3 player which broke and i was using a lot the next/back folder buttons)

You're welcome. I don't think you can use those buttons while in that hold state to advance folders but I honestly don't know for sure. I re-sync my 8 GB i7 at random to my master mp3 folder so I only use it in a "shuffle" type manner. When I get through the 800+/- songs I then re-sync it.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #21 of 39
I love my I7, the touch takes a while to get used to but I find it extremely efficient when scrolling through large tracklists. And how can you compare it unamped to a line-out amped? That's just not fair
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryVale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question, I had a couple iaudio players a couple years ago. The SQ and remote was good but it would not play flac files gaplessly. Does this one?

In the review from iAudiophile.net there is a comment on this page (3/4 down the page, just above the pic of the cat) which states that the i7 doesn't do true gapless. There is a sample to listen to.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #24 of 39
I wonder how it would compare to an iMod w/ Apple Lossless?

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how it would compare to an iMod w/ Apple Lossless?

...and which amp? As I commented on in my first post I did find that even the iPod line-out into my Porta Corda sounded better...not by much though and not worth the extra bulk if only using IEMs.

I've never heard an iMod but my money is on the iMod unless you pair it with a crap amp.

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried using one of the hold options? In bed and during workouts I must use hold, otherwise I end up pausing it too.

I am def trying to make it a habit but the noreve case should fix the problem without having to switch the hold in case I want to skip to the next track mid song. Also, I forgot to mention when not putting it on hold I sometimes skip tracks picking up the thing. No big deal ... just want to state how sensitive it can get.

Nov 10, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #29 of 39
Noob here over from abi…heh…wanted to say hello to everyone and say what a great site, I’ve been on the sidelines reading for a long time. Jumping in to post my opinion on one of my rigs (i7 w/CrossRoads MylarOne XB’s primarily, but I do use the X3’s and other phones)

The more I use mine, the more I love it
smily_headphones1.gif
here’s my quick summary:

On the plus side:
  1. Almost instant on, < 5 seconds boot, fully loaded w/tunes
  2. Sound quality (produces very good detail with a nice warm sound)!!!
  3. JetEffect - various EQ and Sound Effect settings (BBE)
  4. Amp (good power)
  5. Audio support
  6. Excellent build quality - I’ve had mine over two months without a case and it looks as good as the day I bought it...btw, I prefer the naked look on a dap...
    tongue.gif
  7. Size (nice and small, fits anywhere, pics don’t do it justice)
  8. UMS/MTP user selectable
  9. ID3 or File browsing
  10. Battery life - I’m close to or over the rated 60 hours, I stoped counting as I don’t fool around with it while listening to my tunes, thus the excellent battery performance...
On the down side:
  1. Screen size IMO is too small for me, which makes the fonts hard to read
  2. Sensitive UI & interface - I adapted in the 1st day, so this is a non-issue for me and you can adjust the sensitivity
  3. Some peps say one handed operation is hard, but it can be done
    wink.gif

Overall it’s a great player...well worth the investment
cool.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noob here over from abi…heh…wanted to say hello to everyone and say what a great site, I’ve been on the sidelines reading for a long time...

Welcome to Head-Fi.
600smile.gif

This is really funny because last night I was reading anythingbutipod.com forums which I don't do often. I read several of your posts in the Cowon forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back