I'm Letting This Musical Fidelity (eBay) Go...
Jul 28, 2005 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
1 hour left, so you guys interested, go ahead.

I never heard this one before, so I don't think I'll buy blindly... Plus the "rusty screws" bit kinda put me off...

You guys think it's worth that much ? (currently at AUS$550-ish)

The auction

Jul 28, 2005 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 8
Unfortunately, MF screws do have a tendency to rust in humid climates. I am living in Singapore and I have had to change the screws for my Tri-Vista DAC 21 twice already. The local distributor has been very good in obtaining replacement screws but it is still a hassle.

Jul 28, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #5 of 8
Sold for AUS$760....

Tell me I made the right decision skipping on this one...

But come to think of it...

If the manufactured date is 1999, so I assume this CDP is already being used for roughly around 4-5 years, so I think that's not a really good price for that, ya?

Considering with US$ 1,000 I can get a decent CDP already...

Jul 28, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #6 of 8
A CD player made in 1999 is going to be skip city with CDRs.

See ya
Steve

Jul 28, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot

See ya
Steve

That is a very big generalization and in my experience not entirely correct.

I have used CDRs on 4 pre 1999 home CD players including my current main player a Rotel RCC940AX. All played CDRs at least as well as pre-recorded CDs. For A/B testing I would regularly make 2 CD copies and play one in each CD player using the Niles AXP-1 switch box.

I have never had a problem playing CDRs - ever, not once, *except* on a really old technics PCDP with anti-shock disabled and that was only with crappy 1st gen CDRs burned on a crappy 2X burner without burnproof and using disk at once and a very old version of Nero.

YMMV of course...

Jul 28, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot

FWIW, I have an NAD 502 CD player (1993) plus an old Panasonic portable (1995). Both units play CD-Rs perfectly.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back