I'm I just weird?
Feb 4, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #61 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAHAHa, you made my day!

BTW, does anyone wear their customs in public? I plain on doing so, I am just curious if you do and what reactions do you get?

I am already prepared to be asked if they're hearing aids, even though I'll have to take them out to hear the qeustion in the first place.

I've been wearing my Sennheisers with custom tips ,on public transport. I don't think anyone gives a daffy duck what I have got in my ears!
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #62 of 70
I'm working on my Masters at a university with about 10,000 students on campus daily. I spend a ton of time in the library and all I have been seeing is stock iBuds, Skullcandy's, Coby's (*shudder*), and one pair of CX300's. And I get looks for keeping my iPod and RE0's in a JLAB's case...actually got asked by some guy why i do that - told him what I have here is a pair of IEM's and an iPod that cost close to the same amount each. That's why...why wanted to listen and I let him. he was impressed. Also told him about Head-Fi...may have a new member coming to us soon
ksc75smile.gif
just surprises me (like others have said) that people are willing to spend hundreds on a DAP but listen through generic, cheap buds.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #63 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by durden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
: just surprises me (like others have said) that people are willing to spend hundreds on a DAP but listen through generic, cheap buds.

Maybe that's the point. Just as one wouldn't expect any need to go out and immediately upgrade an expensive new sports car. For how much you paid, the stock engine, tires, etc better be good.

But once they wear out, then maybe it's time to consider looking into your options further.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #64 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe that's the point. Just as one wouldn't expect any need to go out and immediately upgrade an expensive new sports car. For how much you paid, the stock engine, tires, etc better be good.

But once they wear out, then maybe it's time to consider looking into your options further.

skull candy, bose, or another pair of ibuds seem to be the only options for these users.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #65 of 70
It's an effort at the least. So far the Ibuds are popular among the Dutch. The HD201, Panasonic vintage model (sorry forgotten) and the Skull Candy-series are noticable in Amsterdam. I met a guy with Nixons, studio headphones I guess. We had a nice chat.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #66 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was one of those people. but, the iBuds are just not comfortable. Also, there are Sony's IEMs for less than $30, JVC Marshmallows for <$20 some places, and Phillips for <$20 as well. I love my Philips SHE5910 for $14.99. They have lasted me for two and a half years now. A big step up from iBuds IMO. I use them for working out now.

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #67 of 70
Quote:

BTW, does anyone wear their customs in public? I plain on doing so, I am just curious if you do and what reactions do you get?

I am already prepared to be asked if they're hearing aids, even though I'll have to take them out to hear the qeustion in the first place.

I wear my customs in public but no one has noticeably looked/asked me anything.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #68 of 70
Quote:

I wouldn't call Portland, Or remote.
I only see, iPods, Iphones, cell phone with a built in player. Stock apple ear buds, a few closed ear buds, bose QC phones and sometimes someone with a very large sony, or sennheiser headphones. One set of Beat's.

I'm in Portland as well - never seen them either. I tend to wear a beanie while I'm out with my customs, so they're not as noticeable.

Most of the commuters I see have the Apple ear buds - which I find amazing, I can't get them to stay in my ears for the life of me. I didn't get customs as much for the sound, it just seems I have weird ears and nothing else fits very well.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #69 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by newmanium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in Portland as well - never seen them either. I tend to wear a beanie while I'm out with my customs, so they're not as noticeable.

Most of the commuters I see have the Apple ear buds - which I find amazing, I can't get them to stay in my ears for the life of me. I didn't get customs as much for the sound, it just seems I have weird ears and nothing else fits very well.

Maybe we need to get all the IEM users in portland/vancouver area for a pub night.
No, wait, that would be waaay too weird! So weird, the world would implode killing all of us!.
devil_face.gif
and making the planet earth as we know it into the shape of an iBud.
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #70 of 70
@ben. Wear mine on the train everyday for the past 5 years. I've gotten a lot inquiries as to what they are but I think the price then scaers them away. Gotta admit, the price is scary for someone new to audiophile world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back