I'm I just weird?
Feb 1, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #16 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe people in Portland don't care about personal audio... Heh. In my city I've seen my fair share of people with high end IEM's, in coffee shops, and on flights too.

You're from Indianapolis?
wink.gif

edit: joke doesn't work.. stupid new page!

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #17 of 70
Not quite. ;0)

My armpit location is a bit closer to Chi-town than Indy.

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 70
What has this world come to. Spending $400 on an iPod touch and using $1 stock earbuds...sad. Some people have no idea. If they can afford that much for a PMP, surely they can at LEAST get some $20 earphones that are better than the stock apple one's.

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #19 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't call Portland, Or remote.

Ok, I take that back. Although Portland is smaller than Oslo.
Then I guess you are just weird.
tongue_smile.gif
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #20 of 70
Feb 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #22 of 70
I haven't seen very many people in Portland wearing IEM's either. The only time I really have seen something cool in public was a guy in london wearing some UE customs.

Sam

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #23 of 70
Quote:

Maybe people in Portland don't care about personal audio... Heh. In my city I've seen my fair share of people with high end IEM's, in coffee shops, and on flights too. I've spotted Shure SE530's and TF10's (those are really hard to miss, obviously).

Yes, the armpit is very metropolitan...

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #24 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the armpit is very metropolitan...

You guys have some really confused people there. IEM's don't go into the armpit!
tongue.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 70
Heh, so "Keep Portland Weird" can be interpreted as "Buy Better Earphones". I like it!

Definitely there are tons of stock iBuds, etc out there. I probably see (notice) more variety of earphones at the gym. But it can be pretty tough to identify them without looking like you're staring (just like the awesome Seinfeld quote about "you don't stare, just get a sense" that someone is using as their sig file).

For players, it's even harder to tell, but seems that 5/4 of PDX the population is using an iPhone.

Quote:

Maybe people in Portland don't care about personal audio..

Perhaps a good question for KB / 32-Ohm. Seems he's not doing too badly...

And you PDXers are all going to the Centralia meet, right?

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #26 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, so "Keep Portland Weird" can be interpreted as "Buy Better Earphones". I like it!

Definitely there are tons of stock iBuds, etc out there. I probably see (notice) more variety of earphones at the gym. But it can be pretty tough to identify them without looking like you're staring (just like the awesome Seinfeld quote about "you don't stare, just get a sense" that someone is using as their sig file).

For players, it's even harder to tell, but seems that 5/4 of PDX the population is using an iPhone.

Perhaps a good question for KB / 32-Ohm. Seems he's not doing too badly...

And you PDXers are all going to the Centralia meet, right?

Very true! And I happen to like his portable amps....
icon10.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #27 of 70
I must admit I check out what people are wearing. One of these days I am going to get a punch on the nose!
I live in London and use public transport a lot.
I am suprised how rarely I see anyone wearing anything decent.
When I do, I have to resist going up to them and asking how they sound.
beyersmile.png

It exasperates me that the Apple buds that are so ubiquitous leak so badly. Thanks Apple.
tongue_smile.gif

Another thing is when I see someone wearing huge Sony cans and am pretty sure that my IEM's beat them hands down.
All good fun.
popcorn.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #29 of 70
I live in NY. I've never seen anyone use anything other than; apple ibuds, bose triports rarely, and skullcandy..

People usually look in amazement at my portable rig.. "What is that thing strapped to your ipod?"

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #30 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What has this world come to. Spending $400 on an iPod touch and using $1 stock earbuds...sad. Some people have no idea. If they can afford that much for a PMP, surely they can at LEAST get some $20 earphones that are better than the stock apple one's.

I think the majority of conumers think ibuds are quite good
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back