I'm gonna say this once...
Dec 24, 2006 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

KrooLism

500+ Head-Fier
There is no point having a >$2500 system if you have a stupid computer fan that goes:

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR

KrooL is very annoyed at his computer!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no point having a >$2500 system if you have a stupid computer fan that goes:

mad.gif
mad.gif

I have the case in the living room and the monitor and the rest of things in my room, since both rooms share a wall in common, by a very small hole in the wall near the floor I pass all the cables. Cheap, supreme and not common way to have ZERO noise.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

mad.gif
mad.gif

http://www.silentpcreview.com/
wink.gif

Give me some specifics and I might be able to make some recommendations.

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 47
Quote:

mad.gif
mad.gif

Why don't you get a separate transport and laptop?

-Matt

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aryolkary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the case in the living room and the monitor and the rest of things in my room, since both rooms share a wall in common, by a very small hole in the wall near the floor I pass all the cables. Cheap, supreme and not common way to have ZERO noise.
smily_headphones1.gif

I did a similar thing. I put the computer in another room, passed the cables through the doorway and then closed the door. Almost quiet and easy to arrange.

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 47
My computer sounds like that ever since last summer when it hit about 107ºF (42ºC) in my room due to a broken A/C and a freak 95ºF (35ºC) heatwave (my room was the hottest in the house due to it's being upstairs and having a relatively high-end gaming behemoth in it). Long story short, the heat severely damaged my GPU, to the point where I can hardly play games from 1999 anymore. It has a constant, very loud, high-pitched whine.

I just love it.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 47
WOW guys, i have 9 system fans right now, including my 120mm fan on my Big Typhoon heatsink and, however...i have my fans turned down mostly. I swapped the power cables from the 12v line to the 5v line...which makes my fans run about 50% of what they normally run.

I say keep your fans, get a Fan Bus and control the speed when you listen to music. My system is like 1ft away from me when i listen to my headphones and cant hear a single fan in there.

Im a heavy overclocker, so my system needs the extra cooling. Right now im running a Opteron 144 (1800mhz stock) @ 2800mhz (312x9). My CPU temp hardly hits above 40-42C on full load. This is a nice 65% overclock on my chip, so it needs all these fans to keep cool.

Dec 24, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #12 of 47
Ive been building PCs for the past 12 years and i have yet to grow the balls to push water through my system.

Remember hardcore water is not exactly silent. You normally have a radiator to cool the water that uses 1-2 big fans. Smaller ones dont perform as well. Also the water pump might make a small hum...which in some cases would turn out louder then just a normal air setup.

However, for performance.....Vaporchill comes to mind...again its not quiet...its kinda like a small fridge...which is exactly what it is =)

Dec 24, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #13 of 47
as a cheap alternitave i have my system hidden inside a cupboard which is secured shut with cable holes drilled through the doors as i produce music i need a relitavely dead room so this seems to work quite well

cheers

Dec 24, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by kstephens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as a cheap alternitave i have my system hidden inside a cupboard which is secured shut with cable holes drilled through the doors as i produce music i need a relitavely dead room so this seems to work quite well

cheers

How do you vent out the hot air?

Dec 24, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #15 of 47
my case fan usually deals with this well and cpu doesnt ever get above 30 degrees c

If its a really hot day ill stick an average house cooling fan in there to circulate cool air around but never seem to do it because it doesnt need it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back