Im going on a diet
Apr 22, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Diet? I'd rather kill myself.... which I probably will with bad food, smoking and a healthy lack of exercise
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL... I'm terrible when it comes to exercise as well, but am not overweight... in fact I'm underweight due to loss of muscle mass from not exercising enough (I don't eat much tho, which is a good thing). I'm also a tobacco user (chew) which will probably end up killing me sooner than anything else unless I manage to quit. I don't do it in public situations (so don't get sick), but I worry constantly about mouth cancer from it. Maybe that will get me to quit sooner or later, dunno (or more likely I'll be sticking it up the other end if my mouth becomes unusable due to cancer
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

Apr 22, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #47 of 62
I cheated a bit today,
Someone brought home some panda express and I took a couple pieced of orange chicken and beef
smily_headphones1.gif

when to subway and instead of my usual veggie delite, got a 6" turkey sandwich
basshead.gif
k1000smile.gif

Im trying to stay off too much fiber and carbs, being asian, Rice is one of my weaknesses, so Im staying away from rice.

been trying to get back into ddr and weight lifting too.
I notice something odd about my moods lately, I definately notice mood changes and tendencies towards more worrying and depressive thoughts since I changed my eating habits.

I dont feel as energetic and happy as I used to, Ill stick with it for another couple of weeks and see if my body adapts to it and my moods level off.

maybe its withdraw symptoms of the fast food burgers and fries Im so used to eating.

Apr 22, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Im trying to stay off too much fiber and carbs, being asian, Rice is one of my weaknesses, so Im staying away from rice.

Fiber isn't something to avoid. You should be taking in more fiber. Your body can't digest fiber which means theres no calorie intake from it.

Apr 22, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #49 of 62
The time is 3:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time...and yes, I am on my LIQUID diet...

[size=large]BEER! [/size]
Hey, WHY is the ROOM spinning...gibber, gibber, gibberish....grunt... BURP!

Apr 22, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #50 of 62
Since Tues, Ive lost 2lbs by lowering my food intake and fat and stopping all friend fast foods altogether.
No more spicey big bites from 7 eleven, snickers and mcdonalds.

Goal is to get into shape by summer.
k1000smile.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 9:27 AM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Since Tues, Ive lost 2lbs by lowering my food intake and fat and stopping all friend fast foods altogether.
No more spicey big bites from 7 eleven, snickers and mcdonalds.

Goal is to get into shape by summer.
k1000smile.gif

You see that's my problem.Jack in the box has been what i have been going to after work in which i get off at 2AM most of the time.Damn bacan cheddar potato wedges!.I have now abandoned that place and have cut alot of the bread i usually eat.All that is left is to get a stationary bike and spend hours on it
plainface.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #52 of 62
Losing weight has nothing to do with the time you eat meals. It's basically the relation between the calories that you consume and how much you burn. It's kind of difficult in a sense that if you don't eat enough then your metabolism slows down and then you start burning fewer calories and stop losing weight.

So you have to keep a log to figure out how much food you need to consume to high you metabolism high, but don't overeat such that you have an excess of calories. Basically the easiest way to lose weight is to not eat anything processed like most bakery items, chips, fast food and etc. Just eat natural stuff that is low in calorie density and filled with water (so it makes you feel full) like fruits and vegetables and you should be fine.

Problem with most people is that they overeat on grains like cereal or pasta which has a significantly higher calorie density then fruits. Basically you can pretty much eat as many fruits of vegetables (with some exceptions) without getting fat.

It is probably best to just do an activity that you enjoy. Also probably one of the best places to go for tips to the sherdog.com forums (UFC and MMA website), as I can't think of any athlete that is more fit than a fighter.

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #53 of 62
I don't see any problem with rice, if it's whole-grain brown rice.

The key to burning fat is exercising and lifting weights.

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:30 AM Post #54 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
I don't see any problem with rice, if it's whole-grain brown rice.

All these asians (1 billion+ Chinese alone) live on rice and you don't see THAT many obese people...

It's not what you eat, but how MUCH you eat and also how you take care of yourself... I ONLY drink diet soda and people laugh and ask me "why does a skinny guy like you drink diet soda?" and I reply, "how do you think I stay skinny?" enuff said...

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #55 of 62
funny how i'm reading this thread and eating ferrero rochers at the same time. it took me 4 of those to reach the last post. i think i'm gaining something. all these time sitting in front of the computer reading these threads. but i'm not worried i'll just lose them during the summer while playing handball. and my weight hasn't changed for 4 years now. at first i was overweight in 8th grade, at 125. now i'm underweight in 11th grade, at 128. I'm lighter than my female gym teacher. i hope she doesn't go into depression.

oh and i'm not that skinny

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #56 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by imho
All these asians (1 billion+ Chinese alone) live on rice and you don't see THAT many obese people...

It's not what you eat, but how MUCH you eat and also how you take care of yourself... I ONLY drink diet soda and people laugh and ask me "why does a skinny guy like you drink diet soda?" and I reply, "how do you think I stay skinny?" enuff said...

Yeah but look at their lifestyles. They were never fat in the first place.

To lose weight it is more effective to eat whole grains than white grains.

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #58 of 62
my #1 best advice: learn how to cook. if you cook for yourself you can learn to make everything taste great with real flavor and seasoning rather than fat. fat's not that attractive if you have real good food instead.

i think the most important thing is focusing on what to eat rather than what not to. go gonzo for healthy food and you'll reap fat loss as a side effect.

-everyone's right: drink water all the time. this means carrying a water bottle. if you start doing this you'll get used to it and just keep doing it everyday (hopefully)
-truckloads of vegatables. you can always just steam vegetables, very good. just pick up loads of good fresh veggies and keep them coming
-carloads of fruit. you don't want to depend on high-sugar fruits to keep you jiving, but just have them laying around and much away
-whole grains: bread, pasta, rice, whatever.
-fish will save you. learning to eat fish rather than steak and even chicken is just excellent on many levels
blah blah

but really my first comment is my main point. it's all about making your own food and knowing what you're eating. and come to colorado and we'll go hiking
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #59 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarconiSalad
Quaker Oats - Quick 1 Minute - 1 part oatmeal - 2 parts water - hit 'popcorn' button on microwave once (Aprox 1.5min) - stir it up - add fruit - Easy!

errrrrrrrrrrr.....wrong answer
smily_headphones1.gif
if you don't like regular rolled oats, try steel-cut oats. makes more of a "porridge". there's also malt o meal and the like which are generally pretty good, or bulgar. i sweeten my oats with lots of raisins, strawberries, or any berry for that matter. i take my time with breakfast and eat well and hearty.

what i mean is: quick oats suck the big one.

Apr 23, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #60 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS401
Fiber isn't something to avoid. You should be taking in more fiber. Your body can't digest fiber which means theres no calorie intake from it.

but go for wild rice and the like rather than your standard white calrose or what have you.

NUTRITION FIRST! fat loss as a side-effect. that's my mantra. it's all about being healthy, and the more your body improves, the more fat you'll burn regularly.

as far as exercise, just do ANYTHING you enjoy. forget about what everyone else likes. do what's fun for you. for me that's the outdoors, hiking and climbing, and also swimming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back