I'm fed up with the wide range of prices for NiMH gumstick batteries!!
Nov 11, 2002 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been to both Sony's and Panasonic's "Parts & Accessories" Web sites. Guess what? Not only is the Sony D-EJ1000 PCDP more expensive than the Panasonic SL-CT790 in the U. S. to begin with, but replacing those gumstick NiMH batteries on the Sony is WAY more expensive than those on the Panasonic!!
mad.gif

You see, if I had to order the batteries directly from the manufacturers' parts departments, the replacement NH-14WM batteries for the Sony D-EJ1000 (and other Sony players that use gumstick rechargeables) will cost me an astronomical $76.80 plus tax and shipping!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
That's WAY more than the $34.90 plus tax and shipping that Panasonic charges for the NiMH gumstick rechargeables for its gumstick-powered players.

*Note that the price I quoted is for two batteries, based on the $38.40 price for the Sony battery, and $17.45 for the Panasonic battery.

Any questions? Please feel free to discuss.

Randy a/k/a Eagle_Driver
mad.gif
eek.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 17
eBay baby, eBay... well, maybe. Saw a couple for relatively low prices a few weeks ago.

Gumstick as a battery "format" is older than some of our fellow Head-Fiers, I don't see any reason to buy one for, let's say, above $25.

Nov 11, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 17
i bought a couple of sony gumsticks from hyperjack at minidisct.com for about $20 each. i agree, the price of gumsticks is obscene.

Nov 12, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 17
ugh, I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to replace my NH-14WM. Try ebay, I've seen them selling them for pretty decent prices. . . Around $20, iirc.

Nov 12, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 17
I've got 2 I'm in need of getting rid of, letting them go for $15 each for Head-Fi members. Lemmie know if anyone reading this needs 1 or 2.

Nov 13, 2002 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 17
My pal (I actually edited the guy's grad college admission letter), Francis T. at Minidisc On Line HK, would be willing to sell you and everyone else spanking flogging bleeding new gumsticks at $20 for one and $55 for three. That's tax-free, of course, but with shipping included(!). Tell Francis that Scrypt sent you and he'll probably bleat "Huh?" (since he knows me by my real moniker, the mammering scalliwag).

You'll find F.T. here.

Enjoy your rectangular hoo-has, Eag.

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #8 of 17
There are a bunch of companies that make NIHM batteries You should be able to get gumstick batteries from, say, sayno (Greatest longevity but not quiet the capacity of some other manufactures batteries) pretty cheep.

Nov 17, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #9 of 17
Whitebread,

Great in theory, but I've only seen GP batteries for sale on Ebay. Anyone know any other places to get off-brand gumstick NiMH?

Nov 17, 2002 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 17
Check www.sayno.com, they might have them. If not then I guess you'll have to pay big bucks for replacement batteries.

Nov 18, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #11 of 17
I'm able to sell some new and unused Sanyo 1400mAh gumsticks at 15 w/ shipping if anyone is interested. I replaced my old Sony gumstick with this and it works great.

Nov 19, 2002 at 3:11 PM Post #13 of 17
How about I stock up on gumsticks here in HK and sell them at reaall attractive prices?
biggrin.gif

edit: nevermind. What's the best deal so far? $15? I think I'll have trouble finding them at that price myself
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 19, 2002 at 3:29 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt
I'd be more interested in knowing where *you* bought *your* Sanyo gumsticks, since it's good to have a source for such things.

Well, I have hookups from my Dad's friends, but I cannot reveal more.

Anyway, for anyone who's interested, you can always PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back