I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #271 of 408
Well, the mids are on the dry said - not something I would call rich. Female vocals sound great if you're not sensitive to the treble but male vocals can get grainy at times. I seriously had to use shure olives to make the sound warmer and in comparison I don't use foam tips even with something like the B2 . If you want richer and fuller mids you might want to try the Gr06 but its bass presentation is also on the soft side and it does have a little bit less bass than the Gr02 BE. The mh1c can be a great choice if you don't mind the terrible flat and asymmetric and you don't get some of the issues some people are getting with on of the earpieces going off on some occasions due to humid weather or whatever. Also, its bass is a little bit on the slow side but as it is boosted you'll get a good impact.

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #272 of 408
Quote:
Going to have to disagree with you. The Gr02's bass is perfect for Trance & house. My playlist consist of about 80% trance & the rest is house/hardstyle and a bit of rap & dubstep. Bass is perfect in my opinion, vocals a bit more upfront than the Soundmagic E10 & vocals sound more clear on the Gr02 bass. I have also compared them to the Sennheiser CX 300 ii, definitely a big step up in terms of sound quality & sound louder with the same volume setting & a slight step up compared to the Soundmagic e10's.Kova4a Give them at least 50+ hours of burn-in before you spread you're final opinion on these. The Gr02 bass definitely sounds better after some burn-in, I would say it's mostly a mental burn-in if anything. Really recommend the Vsonic GR02 Bass, not a single regret & will buy another pair if lendmeurears sells them again on eBay.

Dude, I sold mine quite some time ago. And I had more than 100 hours on them. Yeah, vocals are clear due to the thinner note presentation but are on the dry side as I stated and not particularly rich or lush. Yeah, a big step above the lower-end sennheisers. How easy they are to drive in comparison to other iems has nothing to do with the sq. Bass is decent but is just not particularly fast or hard hitting - you should hear the Gr07 to get a better idea. The Gr02 BE is a great iem for the money just not super versatile and not everyone will like it. If you put on a good pair of foam tips it definitely gets more enjoyable IMO.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #273 of 408
Quote:
Dude, I sold mine quite some time ago. And I had more than 100 hours on them. Yeah, vocals are clear due to the thinner note presentation but are on the dry side as I stated and not particularly rich or lush. Yeah, a big step above the lower-end sennheisers. How easy they are to drive in comparison to other iems has nothing to do with the sq. Bass is decent but is just not particularly fast or hard hitting - you should hear the Gr07 to get a better idea. The Gr02 BE is a great iem for the money just not super versatile and not everyone will like it. If you put on a good pair of foam tips it definitely gets more enjoyable IMO.

The problem is you're comparing the Gr02 bass to the Gr07, so you start to notice every flaw. The GR07 is 4-5 times the price. Once you buy better earphones anything that sounds less is just not satisfying anymore. Like how i just can't use earphones inferior to the Gr02's anymore so you have to remember that these are only $36 earphones & definitely sound like they are worth a lot more.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #274 of 408
I am not a great audiofile (yet) like you guys are, so at the moment I won't think I will notice such a bad sound. Remember, I am upgrading from a pair of Senheissers CX300's . Anything bassy and preferably warm will do just fine for me right now in my opinion. Also, don't you guys think that both of these are FOTM?

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #275 of 408
Quote:
The problem is you're comparing the Gr02 bass to the Gr07, so you start to notice every flaw. The GR07 is 4-5 times the price. Once you buy better earphones anything that sounds less is just not satisfying anymore. Like how i just can't use earphones inferior to the Gr02's anymore so you have to remember that these are only $36 earphones & definitely sound like they are worth a lot more.

I'm not comparing then to the Gr07 - I'm just going with the sound signature Phle said he's looking for. I'm not questioning the merits of the Gr02 if it turns out that the sound suits you. I prefered it mainly for  acoustic music with female vocals and the treble is spot-on for me. I have already made some opinions purely on the Gr02 BE and in comparison to the Gr04 flagship and the Gr06, which are in pretty much the same range. Like this one http://www.head-fi.org/t/609397/im-done-vsonic-gr02-bass-edition-vs-gr06/180#post_9014210 and a bunch more and I think there was some opinions on different tips - mainly the balanced meelec double flanges (the old and the new version) and the shure olives. I'm too lazy to look for them now but there should be few in some of the vsonic thread and the joker's thread.

@Phle
None of the vsonic iems are FOTM. They've been around for quite some time and all are great performers. The problem is that all of them sound different and without hearing them all it's hard to decide purely on opinions, which one will be more to your liking.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #276 of 408
Quote:
I am not a great audiofile (yet) like you guys are, so at the moment I won't think I will notice such a bad sound. Remember, I am upgrading from a pair of Senheissers CX300's . Anything bassy and preferably warm will do just fine for me right now in my opinion. Also, don't you guys think that both of these are FOTM?

I had the Sennheiser 300 ii for my first IEM's and i thought they were pretty amazing, but they slightly died at the jack (still works if i fiddle with it). Pulled them out of my draw to do a comparison with the GR02 Bass, hands down the GR02 trumps them in terms of sound quality. Since you're coming from the CX 300 you will definitely prefer the GR02 over them. I've been using them every day at the gym, they are perfect for Trance especially songs by Cosmic Gate ft Emma Hewitt.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #277 of 408
But when compared to other styles, like deep house and songs with a strong emphasis on the bass, what would be better, clearer sound or a real slam? Or is that just what I prefer? And if so, would the GR06 be better or the GR02? 

Final question: Where the heck can I get these to ship them to Europe?

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #278 of 408
Quote:
But when compared to other styles, like deep house and songs with a strong emphasis on the bass, what would be better, clearer sound or a real slam? Or is that just what I prefer? And if so, would the GR06 be better or the GR02? 

Well, the difference is not that much in the bass - bothe the Gr02 BE and the Gr06 have softer impact and the Gr02 BE has more quantity. The main difference is in the mids as the Gr02 has thinner presentaion and the mids are laid back and a bit dry while the Gr06's mids are upfront and more rich and lush and overall the Gr06 is warmer. you can order from lendmeurears - the shipping is free and they use Singapost, so they arrive pretty fast to Europe - usually within 4-12 days

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #279 of 408
Quote:

I'm pretty sure they ship to europe on eBay. For deep house i prefer real slam over clearer sound, not that the GR02 doesn't have clear sound but the bass is certainly not lacking. I have no idea about the GR06 but a fair few people on this forum prefer the GR02's sound signature over the GR06.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #282 of 408
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they ship to europe on eBay. For deep house i prefer real slam over clearer sound, not that the GR02 doesn't have clear sound but the bass is certainly not lacking. I have no idea about the GR06 but a fair few people on this forum prefer the GR02's sound signature over the GR06.

They prefer it because of the clearer mids due to the thinner presentation but that doesn't mean it is superior to the Gr06 - it comes down to personal preference. I for one like the Gr04 flagship most of the lower-end vsonics.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #283 of 408
Thank you for all the replies. If any of you could listen to this song and tell me which IEM would probably sound better with this, then I will stop bothering you godly audiophiles with my newbie questions.

The song which resembles a lot of my music library is :
Atom - Nari & Milani

If any of you would listen to it and tell me what's the better pick that would be just fine!

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #284 of 408
Quote:
Thank you for all the replies. If any of you could listen to this song and tell me which IEM would probably sound better with this, then I will stop bothering you godly audiophiles with my newbie questions.

The song which resembles a lot of my music library is :
Atom - Nari & Milani

If any of you would listen to it and tell me what's the better pick that would be just fine!

I tried the song on my Ipod Nano 7th gen unamped with no eq settings on about 75% volume using the VSonic GR02 Bass & I'll tell yah it feels like I'm at the clubs, that bass really kicks hard, you'll love it. Thanks for the song btw i might keep it & pump it at the gym :)

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #285 of 408
I tried the song on my Ipod Nano 7th gen unamped with no eq settings on about 75% volume using the VSonic GR02 Bass & I'll tell yah it feels like I'm at the clubs, that bass really kicks hard, you'll love it. Thanks for the song btw i might keep it & pump it at the gym :)

Thank you for your time!
It is great to hear that it works so well and most of all that you like one of my favorite songs :)

I will buy the cheaper GR02 because ai think it suits my needs best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back