I'm begining to think that radiohead was against the whole "special edition" thing...
Jun 10, 2003 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ebonyks

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone who got the special edition know what i'm talking about. I think the map is supposed to say in the booklet

Jun 10, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 14
ya i went with my friend to buy it he got special edition i didnt because if the horrible case, and ive saved a few cds because of jewel cases. and im happy i didnt spend the extra $3

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 14
ebonyks, did you get yours at atomic?? I got the regular version at the exclusive co. in brookfield, they were already sold out of the special edition, but I already ordered mine through amazon. I know atomic had a special release thing last night at midnight but some of us have jobs and couldn't make it, I bet they gave away some nice schwag, sorry I missed it........

I'm going to listen to my cd now!!!!

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 14
Man, I can't believe anyone really gives a sh#t what these idiots like or don't like. I bought the "special edition", and as far as I'm concerned, Thom Yorke/w crew can just refuse to accept my money... and kiss my ass.

Very likely, huh?

mad.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 14
fyrfytrhoges, i got mine at atomic earlier today. I couldn't make it to the thing last night, but i've got exams, so i took a walk (albiet a long walk) down there to pick it up. Last night they were giving out promo 7", and when i got there, about 12 hours later they were all out. Apperantly, they kept the store open to 5, so everyone there seemed a little out of it. But hey, i got a HTTT poster for free
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 14
I'd give my own review of the cd but I have tried twice and fell asleep twice while listening, it's not a bad thing, work has just been brutal, but from what I have heard so far my thoughts go along with a few others I've seen, no ok computer 2, but in it's own right has some similarites to kid a and amnesiac, of the 5 or so songs I've actually made it all the way through though, I'd say it's a keeper. and I'm proud of my self because through all the hype, waiting all that time, and reading all those posts about the leaks and all, I STILL REMAINED THE MASTER OF MY DOMAIN! (self professed anyway!)

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:44 AM Post #8 of 14
The record store near my place has the special edition in stock I believe about 3-5 copies.

Jun 11, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #10 of 14
I picked up the vinyl. It is very nice, hefty, audiophile grade vinyl. The packaging is very solid as well. As for the album itself, I am withholding judgement until I listen to it a lot. As for right now, I will say that it has surpassed amnesiac as my least favorite radiohead album. It is very good experimental music, but call me old-fashioned, I just like their traditional rock best. That distort-o-tron voice stuff becomes banal after three albums of it. The bends and its b-sides were the ultimate peak of their performance in my mind.

Jun 11, 2003 at 5:04 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Man, I can't believe anyone really gives a sh#t what these idiots like or don't like. I bought the "special edition", and as far as I'm concerned, Thom Yorke/w crew can just refuse to accept my money... and kiss my ass.

Very likely, huh?

mad.gif

Huh? What are you saying?
confused.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Huh? What are you saying?
confused.gif

I have no idea What he's talking about either, it made no sense.

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:43 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
I have no idea What he's talking about either, it made no sense.

Obviously it's not tobacco that he's smoking in that pipe of his.

- Chris

Jun 11, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 14
Mmmmmm quality "not tobacco"......
-MAg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back