I'm back, and I need help!
Jul 16, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #31 of 36
Sorry to post twice in a row, but i was just looking at some meet impressions... where are the people that dont hate the gs1k's? Every person that listened to them that I read about didnt like the gs1k's... are there other grados i should look at? again, what amps?

Jul 17, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan_01
I definately dont think I could deal with the K1000's...

Given your musical tastes, I agree. I find listening to female vocals and small acoustical instrumental on my K1000 rig analogous to sipping a single malt scotch: A great nightcap -- with all the wonderful subtleties unfolding in your mouth / head. But if you want something with a bit more body -- skip the K1000s and go for a beer!

Jul 17, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #33 of 36
Oh no! You are corrupting my poor juvenile mind!
tongue.gif
I have pretty much settled on what im going to audition, and I will make my choice after, thanks for the help everyone!
rs1smile.gif
600smile.gif
gs1000.gif

Jul 17, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #34 of 36
Muffinman clean out your pm's. :p

Here was my reply that got rejected:

"I've never heard the at w5000's. I don't know anyone in Ontario with a pair either. They might be worth a shot if u can find a pair used or ones with a return policy.

Gilmore lite is a bit harsher because of its power supply, but vs. the regular gilmore we are talking small sound differences. But with the hr2 you can ic roll to get different sounds so perhaps thats where the 'tube' comments are coming from. I put my tube amp up against a gilmore and hr2 and the differences between my amp and those 2 was night and day, but the difference between hr2 and gilmore was small."

Biggie.

Jul 31, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #36 of 36
Got an First Watt F1 a couple days ago. Very solid bass, so I think that I've outgrown the need for sub. I will also be giving the RWA Signature 30 a try before making a final decision on an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back