I'm a BlackBerry addict...
Oct 23, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #17 of 45
Around then the Storm 2 should be out, it is not my kind of phone but rumblings are it's quite superior to the original.

Oct 23, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the 8900 on TMO and my 1 year contract is eligible for upgrade in Feb!

I got mine about the same time also. I think you can get a partial discount if you want. Or, if you call, you might get lucky and get a full discount. I seem to get different results depending on whom I get at their CS. Either way, I'm getting the 9700.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #19 of 45
So I may be getting a Blackberry for the first time ever here soon...Never used a smart phone at all before.

Would you guys say that they are worth the extra cost of the plans? And what is a good Blackberry to start out with? (I'm with Verizon.)

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by EluamousNailo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I may be getting a Blackberry for the first time ever here soon...Never used a smart phone at all before.

Would you guys say that they are worth the extra cost of the plans? And what is a good Blackberry to start out with? (I'm with Verizon.)

Look on Cell Phones,Prepaid Cell Phones,Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless and you can choose which one suits you. They have a buy-one-get-one-free offer now so you can get two different ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #22 of 45
From Berry Reporter off Viigo:
"Verizon Set to Launch the BlackBerry Storm 2 on October 28th?

By Justin on Oct 23, 2009

We recently mentioned rumors that Verizon was planning to release the BlackBerry Storm 2 on October 28th.* Now we have more evidence that shows this could really happen and we may see the Storm 2 before the end of October after all.

Two brave tipsters from CrackBerry have leaked two pieces of information that strongly point to the 28th.* First is an update from the internal Verizon Wireless device blog.* On the leaked picture you can see in two places where they mention the updated launch date.* This is always a good sign as they keep this blog confidential to only its employees...."

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #24 of 45
Verizon BlackBerry Storm 2 Now Available to Order

By Justin on Oct 28, 2009

It's officially BlackBerry Storm 2 day and as of now you can grab the Storm 2 off of Verizon's website.* As expected the price is $179.99 with a two year contract.* You will notice that there isn't anything mentioned about a mail-in-rebate just an instant online discount.* If this is the case you may be better off ordering yours online instead of in store where the mail-in-rebate is in effect.

You will also notice that that rumored BOGO (buy-one-get-one) deal is for real.* This means you can grab the BlackBerry Storm 2 and get the Tour for free.* Can somebody tell me why I didn't wait for this?* The deal not only applies to BlackBerry phones, you can also get a USB wireless modem and a Gateway Notebook.* It really is an amazing deal from Verizon and they need to be commended for it.

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #25 of 45
T-Mobile BlackBerry 9700 launch pushed back, Samsung Behold II launching November 18th?

by Boy Genius on October 28th, 2009 at 7:34am
Filed under: Whisper21 Comments

Just got a heads up that the T-Mobile BlackBerry 9700 might have been pushed back to a November 16th launch. Not confirmed, though. Pricing is confirmed, however, at $199 with a two-year agreement and $449 for full retail . On the Samsung side of things, we've heard the Samsung Behold II running Android will launch on November 18th with a $249 price tag (on a two-year agreement, of course).

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #26 of 45
I got my Tour 9630 about a week ago. Took these last night at Dylan's concert here in Chicago:

IMG00018-20091029-2115.jpg

IMG00019-20091029-2117.jpg

IMG00020-20091029-2117.jpg

These are resized for easy web viewing but I'm pretty darn pleased with the phone and I think the above photos are pretty good for a phone in low light.

Nov 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #28 of 45
ok blackberry addicts, talk me into getting a blackberry instead of an iphone. iphone seems to make more sense for me cause I only use macs, so it would all be compatible. But I don't know much about the bb. lemme have it!

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 45
I just updated my BB 8310 with the new 4.5 software. I have to say this made a nice difference in the browsing experience. I can't say it changed anything else in the performance of the phone, as far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back