I'm a BlackBerry addict...
Oct 22, 2009 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

baka1969

Chaser of Ghosts
Hi!

I'm such a Blackberry addict it's not even funny. I've gotten every new Berry T-Mo launched since the 8120 came out. I have the 8900 now and can't wait until the new Bold 9700 arrives in a few weeks!

I'm so addicted that I do everything on it. Even all of my posts on Head-Fi are done on my precious BlackBerry. Even when I had my heart attack a few weeks ago I was texting and emailing in the hospital. DURING THE ATTACK BEFORE I WAS STABILIZED! They had to literally pry it from my hands to do the catherization and insert the stent.

Does anyone here enjoy my obsession? Please tell me your extent.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ross

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bold 9700 looks great, but not the Canadian pricing ($299) and 3 yr contract on this Canadian phone
frown.gif

I think the 9700 pricing here will be $199 with mail-in rebate and 2 year contract. But that's just what I've read on Crackberry and Berry Reporter and sites.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 45
I've gone through a couple 8830s and am currently using a 9630 (after a brief stint with an iPhone
frown.gif
), I like it but it really needs some software tweaks because it becomes really really slow after a while.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've gone through a couple 8830s and am currently using a 9630 (after a brief stint with an iPhone
frown.gif
), I like it but it really needs some software tweaks because it becomes really really slow after a while.

I do a battery pull or reboot once or twice a day. I also have the Memory Booster app which helps. All of those help keep the BlackBerry running fast. Deleting unused apps also helps. Deleting your cache and cookies helps. Deleting the stuff like sample vids and pics helps. There are a number of other ways that help keep your Blackberry mean and lean.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 45
Yeah first thing I should probably do is get a memory card and then going through and clearing house on the software, I never had this issues with my 8830s though.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #7 of 45
Quote:

Yeah first thing I should probably do is get a memory card and then going through and clearing house on the software, I never had this issues with my 8830s though.

Each succesive BlackBerry has more capabilies and thus uses more memory. I have a 4 gig card for mine and storing what I can on it helps. Keeping the flash memory cleaned up also is important. And I still run a lot of apps.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 45
Quote:

frown.gif

do you prefer the blackberry to the iphone? if so, why?

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First of all I dont like any of the touch screen only phones including the BlackBerry Storm. I type A LOT and a full qwerty keyboard is just a must. I've played with the iPhone and the way email is setup with the BlackBerry is superior to the iPhone. The BlackBerry is also more secure. The business apps I uses are better suited to the BlackBerry than the iPhone. And personal choice is also a reason.

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #12 of 45
I was 100% crackberry until I discovered Android. My work phone is an iPhone, but my personal is an HTC Hero and man, has my love affair been renewed. I would like to see blackberry shed a little of its corporate image and go a little more consumer with a new navigation style...the one thing that always annoyed me was that little "pearl" ball.

Oct 23, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #13 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a few issues with the phone, first I'm not a big fan of pure touchscreen phones (even the storm) since they don't have any tactile feedback it makes it almost impossible for me to touchtype on it. Second on more than one occasion I had the phone application crash on me in the middle of a phone call so that put the end to that. It was a fun phone but in my opinion it wasn't really any good as an actual phone itself. As well I'm addicted to blackberry messenger which I missed when I went from my 8830 to the iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back