No PTT (Push to Talk)

Curve 8310 GPS but NO WIFI
Curve 8320 wifi but NO GPS
Curve 8900 wifi gps good camera but NO 3G
Tour 9630 3g gps good camera but NO WIFI
Curve 8520 wifi gps but NO 3G
Bold 9000 wifi 3g gps but Bulky with crappy camera NO AutoFocus
Bold 9700 GPS wifi but only 3.6 Mbps 3G, and still no radio

Maybe the upcoming E72 will fit the bill for an all-in-one solution!

Source: Posted by Travis here.

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone pick up the storm 2? thoughts? i like my storm 1 since 5.0 came out. android looks interesting though. :X

You like this "thing" ? My mother have a blackberry storm and this thing is awful :

The touch screen have serious flaws (wrong location or don't recognize the touch), the screen always turned into large mode when you don't want it, the system is full of bugs, for example i cant rename video files,videos don't save 50% of the time and display video error instead, other serious bugs like a system freeze with weird thing and camera on (happen often when using the "e" button), many other systems errors, taking a picture take more than 5 seconds and needed to let the finger hard pressed on the screen all the time or the picture won't be taken, the system is slow, the battery don't last long and others horrible things ...

This think is a piece of junk and should go in a trash. IMHO

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You like this "thing" ? My mother have a blackberry storm and this thing is awful :

The touch screen have serious flaws (wrong location or don't recognize the touch), the screen always turned into large mode when you don't want it, the system is full of bugs, for example i cant rename video files,videos don't save 50% of the time and display video error instead, other serious bugs like a system freeze with weird thing and camera on (happen often when using the "e" button), many other systems errors, taking a picture take more than 5 seconds and needed to let the finger hard pressed on the screen all the time or the picture won't be taken, the system is slow, the battery don't last long and others horrible things ...

This think is a piece of junk and should go in a trash. IMHO

it was pretty bad but the new updates make it a lot better. yes, there are many issues iwth the storm1 but not as many as last year or even months ago. that being said, i think RIM needs to get off their butt and pay their customers back for making them rich. the tour, storm, and other blackberries have weaknesses that havent been addressed.
but yea. update your OS. its a lot better.

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #34 of 45
loving the pearl 8100, but recently upgraded (still haven't received) the tour
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #35 of 45
Very strange. I updated the OS on my BB 8310 to the latest 4.5 version. The browser is much better on this now. But I no longer have a camera icon on my main screen. I can get to it by setting the left or right shortcut buttons to bring it up but there's no icon anywhere to put on the main screen.

Anyone know how I can get the camera icon back?

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMcN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very strange. I updated the OS on my BB 8310 to the latest 4.5 version. The browser is much better on this now. But I no longer have a camera icon on my main screen. I can get to it by setting the left or right shortcut buttons to bring it up but there's no icon anywhere to put on the main screen.

Anyone know how I can get the camera icon back?

It's a shot in the dark but get to the main menu and click the menu button (Blackberry logo)) and click 'show all'. If that doesn't work try the crackberry website and ask them.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #37 of 45
It was mentioned that the BlackBerry doesn't have a radio. The great thing about BlackBerry is the availability of free 3rd party apps. Slacker radio can be loaded and is supposed to be pretty good. I have apps that I use for business, sports, play and whatever. Appworld has more apps than you can shake a stick at. So whatever you need you can get.

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #38 of 45
I picked up the Tour a couple weeks ago, and am loving it so far. This is my first smartphone, or even one with a full qwerty keyboard. The back plate seems to be a little loose for some reason but other than that, I have no issues with it.

Does anyone know any good cases for BBs? I'm using the invisibleSHIELD right now and I'm not really sure if I like it or not.

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by EluamousNailo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up the Tour a couple weeks ago, and am loving it so far. This is my first smartphone, or even one with a full qwerty keyboard. The back plate seems to be a little loose for some reason but other than that, I have no issues with it.

Does anyone know any good cases for BBs? I'm using the invisibleSHIELD right now and I'm not really sure if I like it or not.

Otterbox is one but it's bulky. I use a screen protector and just holster it when I'm out. I don't want added bulk. Check crackberry for a large selection of them.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #40 of 45
The BlackBerry 9700 was launched today. I just ordered it. I should have it within the next few days. I got the full discount price of $199. The list Price is $499. I'll report initial impressions when I get it. -Ross

May 4, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #44 of 45
I am not a huge fan of Iphone too. Once, I acquired an Iphone and it everything on it bothers me alot. I would just see that my Iphone is on some application because of its highly-sensitive screen. My uncle has a blackberry 8830, too. And, as well as kb1gra, the ball pisses me off. But I must say, in addition, that I prefer blackberry because of its good emailing applications

May 18, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #45 of 45
I have both the Blackberry Curve and the BB Storm (first version) on the Verizon network.  The Curve 8330 is fantastic, but the Storm sucks. I hate virtual keyboards, and much prefer the tactile feel of real buttons. They are both work phones so I don't have to pay. The only redeeming quality of the Storm is the EZ Navigator. It is pretty impressive, especially considering it is a phone. This summer I'm up for a new phone, and will be forced to get the Tour, mainly because it can be used overseas, while my Curve cannot. What pisses me off is that the Tour does not have Wi-Fi, while the new Curve does. What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back