I'm a B22.
Jun 6, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by leaf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! the road to "better" sound continues. The Phoenix looks solid. If anyone has had the opportunity to hear it pls let us have your impressions.

Why are you assuming it's better?

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #34 of 40
Not DIY, nor in the same class as a B22.

But for a piece of audio equipment that has probably killed half of it's owners:
Introducing the 60kg, Denon AVP1.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I made no assumptions!
normal_smile .gif
Better is not the same as "Better". I believe that music is subjective.
normal_smile .gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Better may not be the right word, but I think Audio-GD products are much more exciting. Not only are they new amps to choose from, but their design are unlike any other we've seeen. Beta22 looks like a standard balanced amp, Gilmore's design the same and so on. Then look at the Phoenix and you wonder what's going on here, looks completely different.

But you're right, only way to know is to hear it and then decide, instead of assuming. And you may want to do some research and discover the Phoenix is completely different balanced amp offered by anyone else. Using current transmission technology and CAST technology. Nothing else out there to compare to really.

Also you say you don't see anything impressive... do you even know what CAST technology is? If not, then you wouldn't even know what it is you are looking at. Can't say I do either, that's why it's interesting, trying to figure out what's going on.

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

I haven't seen many objective reviews of the audio-gd stuff. I fully hope they are as good as people would have us believe. But I see nothing in the link you provided to support your king of SS statement.

Well, there's the C2C review done by Skylab but honestly it's hard not to admire Audio-GD/Kingwa due to his dedication to this hobby and an unprecedented customer service. That kind of human touch is rarely present in today's business world.

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better may not be the right word, but I think Audio-GD products are much more exciting. Not only are they new amps to choose from, but their design are unlike any other we've seeen. Beta22 looks like a standard balanced amp, Gilmore's design the same and so on. Then look at the Phoenix and you wonder what's going on here, looks completely different.

But you're right, only way to know is to hear it and then decide, instead of assuming. And you may want to do some research and discover the Phoenix is completely different balanced amp offered by anyone else. Using current transmission technology and CAST technology. Nothing else out there to compare to really.

Also you say you don't see anything impressive... do you even know what CAST technology is? If not, then you wouldn't even know what it is you are looking at. Can't say I do either, that's why it's interesting, trying to figure out what's going on.

Could you explain your reasoning here? What is "standard" about a B22 or a Gilmore design? You admit you don't really know what CAST technology is, but say that it is interesting. By that logic, if AMB or Dr. Gilmore were to add "Magic Smurf Technology" into their designs, would that suddenly make it more interesting for you? Can you say for sure that you know everything about what is going on in a B22 or a Dynahi?

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #39 of 40
I think this discussion is heading in the same direction of the HD-800 review thread. :p

If anything, it's a very good time to be into head-fi. I was just reading IPodPJ's comments on the HD-800s with the Donald North amps, which are only $1200.

At this level of gear, it's surely personal preference, as each brand or design has its own "sound", from the sweeter Luxman P-1 to the "straight wire with gain" of the Beta 22 (and presumably Phoenix).

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this level of gear, it's surely personal preference, as each brand or design has its own "sound", from the sweeter Luxman P-1 to the "straight wire with gain" of the Beta 22 (and presumably Phoenix).

I couldn't agree more. Different people like their music presented to them differently and it is important to respect each other's likings and views. No single equipment will suit all. That is why I use inverted commas for the word "better".
smile.gif
I know of many who chase after equipment and many who are after the music. Of course, there will be the in betweens. Whatever the case, if it makes you happy - go for it man!
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back