iLounge confirmed audio defect gone in 5G iPods!
Oct 19, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #46 of 52
Yeah, since I use just the Line Out of my 4th Gen 60 GB iPod, I am NOT upgrading until one with a bigger HD is available. Even tho I'd love to have one in black
600smile.gif

The sound I get from my iPod using the line out, and 100% Lossless coding, is terrific.

Oct 19, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
Yeah, since I use just the Line Out of my 4th Gen 60 GB iPod, I am NOT upgrading until one with a bigger HD is available. Even tho I'd love to have one in black
600smile.gif

The sound I get from my iPod using the line out, and 100% Lossless coding, is terrific.

Yeah, serisouly, I'm just going to wait till there's something insanely awesome in terms of features, size, sound, and storage--just replace the battery of my currnet if need be (ipodresQ). I can see a price drop in mp3 players in two years that are better with more features, I mean, these things are going to become so common...you know? Well, they already are, but still...somebody has to catch up to their level as far as popularity and come out with something as eye catching.

Oct 20, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I'm just riding out the storm with my trusty one and a half year old 3G 40gig iPod. Heck, my wife paid full price for this thing last year, so I'm going to ride it until I can't give it away. If in one year the iPod has improved to this level, can you imagine how great it will be once my iPod finally kicks the bucket in 5 years?

Mostly my feeling, except i would be very surprised if my ipod makes it much past it's second birthday. It's a race between the battery and the hard drive to oblivion. Just not worth fixing (apple's original plan
rolleyes.gif
).

Oct 20, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Mostly my feeling, except i would be very surprised if my ipod makes it much past it's second birthday. It's a race between the battery and the hard drive to oblivion. Just not worth fixing (apple's original plan
rolleyes.gif
).

You can replace the battery for $64, that's totally worth it.

Oct 20, 2005 at 1:25 PM Post #51 of 52
I was given a Nano by my wife for my birthday this week, and I can safely say the following:

> It sounds no better from the line out than my 4th gen ipod Photo 60gb

> While it sounds quite good from the headphone jack, it does not sound any better to me with the kind of headphones I can use without an amp (HD-25, Shure E3c).

> Using the EQ still causes distortion

The Nano is a super cool little thing, but it does not seem to improve on the audio. I should state that in general I do not have a problem with the iPod audio, actually. I mostly use the line out, which has zero issues except the flawed EQ. And the headphone out could have more bass, yes, but with the headphones I use, this is less of an issue than for some. If the EQ worked it wouldn;t be an issue at all
orphsmile.gif

Oct 20, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
rolleyes.gif
).

HD failures are very limited. Third party battery replacements are around $30. What's the issue?

http://www.ipodbattery.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back