I'll sell my COWON D2 for buying a CLIX
Mar 29, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #31 of 33
the clix offers a warm sound in general as on mine and i use custom eq to up the bass a little more to my liking. I'm alright with the build and the somewhat limited UI but it is simple and straight forward to operate compared to my touch.

Paired with my um1 i've gotten the sound i was looking for. Warm and balanced with a little more bass, great enough for me to keep my phones on for a long period of time.

Mar 29, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 33
Can't believe the crap the D2 is getting here

I've owned mine for a few months and love it. Never had one single problem with it and have grown to admire the touch screen

It is a little cold sounding, but I couldn't care less when I'm on the subway or walking around. If it bothers you use the EQ until you find a setting you are happy with.

I don't think it's overrated. A little overprice yes

Mar 29, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #33 of 33
it does not get abused, it gets critiqued - finally. it was all hype - the new karma or something like that until people got over the hype and really were able to hear it.

good player for a certain niche - big phones and some eq settings. great for sporting in a pocket as scratches don't show up much on the glittery body and very little hiss to help those with sensitive phones.

ultimate? not at all and that was the way it was being touted at first, the reason many sort of went for it rather than following a more logical path - that it cannot be that much better or much worse than anything else on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back