I'll sell my COWON D2 for buying a CLIX
Mar 8, 2008 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

konya

Head-Fier
YES.I am very disapointed with cowon d2.sound unnatural,illbalanced and cold.I am planing to buy a clix.Is it a good choice?or what is ur advice?

are there anybody use clix and d2?is sound diferrence noticable?

Mar 8, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 33
It is a Headphone issue most likely that are giving you cold and unbalanced sound, not the player

issue, by the way what headphones or IEM's are you using with this player.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 33
I use a Clix2 and I love it. Warm, lush sound, I think you'll like it. But like others have said, your canalphones are characteristically cold so... I'd try out the D2 first with another pair of headphones then if not buy the Clix2
smily_headphones1.gif
The custom UCIs for the Clix2 are awesome btw

Mar 9, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use a Clix2 and I love it. Warm, lush sound, I think you'll like it.
But like others have said, your canalphones are characteristically cold so... I'd try out the D2 first with another pair of headphones then if not buy the Clix2
smily_headphones1.gif

The CX300s are characteristically cold?? Who said that? I've never heard them described as cold.
I thought they were extremely warm with some extra boomy bass. In comparison, the CX500s are much colder and brighter, but the OP is using the CX300s.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 33
the cx300 have been a fatiguing listen but much better than the others in the low end of canalphone land. but for the same price, the victor fx300 are said to be much better. probably any canal of today at the same price would be better.

the cx300 are coldish and boomy at the same time. you want dark? you want big sen dark? go for hp-fx500, even darker than the atrio.

i had the d2 as well and sold it as it was a little fatiguing for me. it is a good sounding player but i prefer a bigger soundstage and less muddy bass. a godo player though with loads of potential as rockbox team are working hard on supporting it. i hope that that will override the rubbish effects that cowon throw into the sound chain. it uses similar dac to both apple and zune so it should sound better but i think cowon focus on effects rather than nature.

if you can get ahold of a darker pair of phones or just if you want change for the clix that is good. the d2 will probably be a very coveted player soon if rockbox is properly fixed on it.

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #11 of 33
I've had the Clix2 and the D2, and I prefer the sound of the Clix2. I've got the Clix2 right now and it's really good. If you don't mind the cheap build quality, it's very good overall.

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottyyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the Clix2 and the D2, and I prefer the sound of the Clix2. I've got the Clix2 right now and it's really good. If you don't mind the cheap build quality, it's very good overall.

WHAT is bad in cowon d2s sound?what is your opinion?

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #13 of 33
i think nothing is exactly bad but it got so much hype for i am not sure what reasons: good expected battery life that very few actually got and the sdhc card: excellent implementation, but then you get even less battery life.

i think it was cowon's latest and greatest and it had one spec that made everyone turn in their graves, 16ohm 37mw portable amplifier. that is a full 6mw higher than ipod and most other players. what it amounts to: who knows.

it has a very clean and good output if you can plug high imp phones into it, but even then, it is better to use an amp. if you use 50 volume, it presents one of the best amped signals of all portables for reference to an amp. straight from the headphone however, for portable use, i never really enjoyed it at all.

at home, cleaning and fixing, plugging my dt880 (don't laugh) it is one of my favourites and will remain that way i am sure. but... just had too many areas that missed my expectations unfortunately.

i do prefer my ipod touch and nano to the sound of the cowon though they too have issues.

d2 is excellent for hiss: very low if you do not use sensitive phones like um2. if you do, just get rid of the phones, they are not worth constantly complaining about hiss with every single source.

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by konya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHAT is bad in cowon d2s sound?what is your opinion?

It's not bad, I just prefer the Clix2's sound. I'm no good at explaining sound, so I'm not going to try. I'm not saying the D2 sounds bad, or worse than the Clix 2 - I'm just saying I personally preferred the sound of the Clix.

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #15 of 33
iaudio's sound is digitalized and robotic. Personally, I am not going to get iaudio product again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back