IKEA
Jul 21, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #16 of 34
I think IKEA is great.
A lot of my furniture and interior is bought there, and with some careful picking you find some stylish and solid items. For furniture I tend to go for whole wood instead of vinyl covered particleboard.

Price wise they are really competitive as well.

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #18 of 34

Quote:
The largest Ikea in the southern hemisphere is 15 minutes from where I live.

I've had plenty of extended visits there. It's nice they have their own restaurant so you can take a rest from all that shopping. I've got too much furniture but I still like going to buy stuff from there :D

That's probably my closest Ikea store too.

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #19 of 34
It's scary how many people have the same ikea furniture

I have a poang too for listening and an expedit to store my cd's (ikea also has cd racks that fit the expedit perfectly), my crappy stereo and my headphones/amp/dac

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #21 of 34
another Ikea lover here.i have many of their products and find them very durable and with very competitve prices.
i also have the Poang and the foot stool for listening to my home rig and tv.very comfortable.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #22 of 34
Yeah, I love IKea.  Definitely cruise around there on Holiday's. Tons of sales on those particular days :)

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #23 of 34
I'm one of those guys who have previously been plagued by Ikea's notorious bad instructions and forgetting to include pieces.

Apparently they've gotten a lot of better about it over the years, but when I recently purchased a TV stand from my store (made in China) and upon noticing that during the second last step, they tell you to lift up a 100lbs table that is now 50% glass to install the feet on the bottom of the stand... Ikea immediately came to mind.

I've always liked Ikea's designs though. Perhaps I shall give them another try.

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #24 of 34
How come no one has mentioned the RAST shelf yet!!!!

Its probably the most useful all purpose shelf ever! I love it

Oh and I too have a Poang chair with the footstool :p Perfect for music and tv watching oh and snacking as well

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #25 of 34
Ikea is fun to run around in.

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #26 of 34

Quote:
How come no one has mentioned the RAST shelf yet!!!!

Its probably the most useful all purpose shelf ever! I love it

Oh and I too have a Poang chair with the footstool :p Perfect for music and tv watching oh and snacking as well

x2 It's only good because it's so cheap though!

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #27 of 34
I use 2 Flarke TV stands stacked up next to my computer desk - I remember seeing someone set it up this way on the computer rigs / headphone pics threads. It was a good idea and I copied it.

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #28 of 34
Ikea is good, most of my home furniture comes from there. Dirt cheap and functional stuff is the best to have...

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #30 of 34

Quote:
unless it's headphone furniture. 
biggrin.gif

where can I get one of these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back