ihp-120 Vs ihp-140???
Feb 20, 2004 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sanity8me

500+ Head-Fier
hey,

don't mind the subject... it's just to grab the attention of some of you dorks. no need for BATTLE OF THE IHPs thread aye?

well i got a ihp-100 and ran out of space MONTHS ago, so i need to get a 120 or 140... but the 140's price is indeed a bit steep for a college student. i made a deal with a girl who wants to buy my ihp-100 for $250, so that's definitely a huge plus money wise. chances are i'd cough up the extra $50-$90 more for the 120 rather then the ~$200 more for the 140. not sure though.

the only main differences i could see from the two, besides the obvious (hd space), is that ihp-140 is a little more bulkier and it doesn't have that white frame around the lcd screen which makes it look MUCH better. Although, in some sites i saw that the pictures of the ihp-120 also didnt' have the white frame. can anybody verify this?

am i missing anything else?

Feb 20, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #2 of 10
no white frame over my lcd with ihp-120... this is in US thou.. heard diff color and design for different countries

if u mean the metallic outer frame for the entire player.. then yes it has that.. but nothign white on mine

Feb 20, 2004 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 10
The European version of the iHP-120 is champagne...

ihp120.jpg

...whereas the iHP-140 is black...

ihp140.jpg

...like the US version of the iHP-120.

peacesign.gif

Feb 20, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 10
I'd try and come up with enough money for a 140, the reasoning being that at some point in the future you're likely to run out of space on the 120 too and then you'll have to upgrade again.

The other bonus about haveing the 140 is the new case with a clear window and a cut-out hole for the joystick control, you don't have to open the flap to use the controls, unless of course you use the remote exclusively.

And as far as size difference goes - it's really negligeble especially if you are using the case, you likely won't notice it at all.

Feb 20, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Igor01
I'd try and come up with enough money for a 140, the reasoning being that at some point in the future you're likely to run out of space on the 120 too and then you'll have to upgrade again.

The other bonus about haveing the 140 is the new case with a clear window and a cut-out hole for the joystick control, you don't have to open the flap to use the controls, unless of course you use the remote exclusively.

And as far as size difference goes - it's really negligeble especially if you are using the case, you likely won't notice it at all.

what flap? i dont have a flap on my ihp-120 case ... its all cut out too

Feb 20, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 10
I thought the 120 had a flap without a cut-out? I guess I was wrong then...

Feb 21, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 10
Is there any new tech. on the the iriver ihp140 that wasnt on the 120?

Feb 21, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

I thought the 120 had a flap without a cut-out? I guess I was wrong then...

It's a really nice case. You just drop the iHP-120 into the top, and the joystick is the only thing really exposed on the front. There's a strap that comes over the top to hold the player firmly in place.

Apparently; like company's often do, they switched cases. I think, I like this better than the one with the flap, in the photos.

If you would have to buy this case, like many company's require, it would cost (easily) $35+. Easily!

Feb 21, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

true, but maybe by that time a new player will come out... unless i fill it up sooner then a year or two (which may be the case...
confused.gif
).

the original case i actually need cause then i can stick the flap in the coin compartment in my car it holds the player... really great cause it's then right next to me.

plus, the new cover with its hole doesn't really look that good from the pictures... no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back