IHP-120 for $349 @...
Oct 15, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #61 of 69
i noticed that my order says it'll ship directly from "vendor" so i dunno my terminology so doesnt this mean iriver will ship it if so then i guess ritzcamera has already payed iriver? so its harder for them to cancel it?
sorry if my logic is totally wrong but i dont kno much about these things

~jpburton5150

Oct 15, 2003 at 1:39 AM Post #62 of 69
another reason why they might have changed the price so quickly is that this deal was posted over at FatWallet, which means taht alot of people ordered.
frown.gif
i didnt have a chance to order before they changed the price, o well.

Oct 15, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #63 of 69
I wouldn't put too much weight on those resellers ratings. Most people who order from ritz camera are dumb. Anyone who knows anything about cameras would order from Adorama, B&H, or JandR. Ritz camera is a big chain store that could only be accused of having unknowledgable employees and retail prices, not shaddy business practices.

In any rate, I hope my order gets honered
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by rafer
another reason why they might have changed the price so quickly is that this deal was posted over at FatWallet, which means taht alot of people ordered.
frown.gif
i didnt have a chance to order before they changed the price, o well.

Yep, it's the FW effect that killed it. I also hope that eCost's price is correct... I once ordered a 256MB MuVo NX on a mistake on their site at around $60, I believe. They held my money for about a week before saying it was discontinued (wth?) and returned my money.

Oct 15, 2003 at 3:24 AM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

I wouldn't put too much weight on those resellers ratings. Most people who order from ritz camera are dumb. Anyone who knows anything about cameras would order from Adorama, B&H, or JandR. Ritz camera is a big chain store that could only be accused of having unknowledgable employees and retail prices, not shaddy business practices

I'll have to totally disagree with you here. The whole purpose of such a site is to let average and not so average consumers know what their fellow e.buyer has experienced with online resellers. It's possible that the average Joe may not know about B&H and such, and is left with searching the net for good prices..Such investigations would perhaps lead one to a place like RItz whose prices seem very competitive.

You shouldn't assume that one is dumb for following a lead they have. Sure, in the end they may regret having gone that route, but that's exactly my point...that's when they go to resellerratings.com and tell all of the other "retards" of their experiences. In fact, your opinion of RItz camera, is reflected on that site.

And amongst the extremely well rated sites, are the ones I've shopped at and are very popular such as newegg.com, mwave and essential computers (www.essencompu.com).

The site fulfills a very useful purpose.

Oct 15, 2003 at 3:34 AM Post #66 of 69
With all of these shady sites going around that seem to have an amazing price listed but turns up to be a "mistake" i may just order my ihp-120 through the iRiver site, just to be safe. You think im nuts dont you?! Well its the safe way to go for me.
tongue.gif

Besides its the same price as the ihp-100 only a week ago!

Oct 18, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #68 of 69
The IHP-120 retails for about 700$ here in Norway
mad.gif
and I was wondering if someone could help me out buying it in US and shipping it to me as a "gift" ? PM me if interested. :::REWARD :::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back