IHP-120 for $349 @...
Oct 13, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #17 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by magic168
Can anyone PM the place that has the 120 for $300? I tried a couple people already and they don't seem to want to reply to me.
frown.gif

That's because it may be an error.. and if not too many people know take advantage of it... they will still honour the price.

Because of that... we don't want to spread it (and also given specific instructions not to spread).

Oct 13, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #19 of 69
ya seriously

Oct 13, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #20 of 69
All of you guys are driving yourselves nuts...ya know that ?
wink.gif

There's a reason that Austonia doesn't want the place announced, and it's the reason he asked me not to say. It's really his call, since he found the source, and to just tell everyone would be sort of like a betrayal of trust on my part. I hope you can understand that. I hope I"m not comming off as an ******* or anything, it's just that I'd rather he tell me that it's ok for me to say the source in PM's as he's been doing.

I told one person, and I probably shouldn't have, but I wasn't thinking about what I just said. Let's put it this way, the source will be revealed as soon as we find out if that price is indeed true. Otherwise, if it's not, lots of people will be dissapointed and let down. That's the real reason he didnt' want to say in the first place...I've got PM's comming out my whazoo about this, and so as you can see, if everyone is told, and the price winds up being way over what was said, those people will be like...yeah...nice call aholes. Or something to that effect I'd imagine.

I"ve PM'd Austin, and am waiting still for a reply. However, much like myself, (and this is to all of you wondering why I haven't gotten back to your PM's) I DO have a life outside of Head-Fi
rolleyes.gif

It's good to get the hell out of the house and hang out with friends on a beautiful day, which is what I did today. I never suspected that my PM box would be so full of these requests.

Furthermore, yes...I did call the store, and the 1800 number and the dude said that it was in stock that morning, but that it was sold out later on in the day which means one thing to me...Those were orders he was looking at, and they might have been sent from the source to the warehouse. At that point, the warehouse then appeared to be "out of stock". But really, those guys dont' know anything about the status of them. They're just looking at a computer which has been updated by a human being who could have made an error. The good news though, is that he said it will be arriving at the warehouse 3 weeks before it hits their outlets, so online ordering shall commence extremely shortly.

You will all be notified ASAP. Promise. ****. I haven't even ordered one yet..I'm still waiting for Austonia to tell me if that is the real price. Have patience. I am. Besides, I bet that even if that isn't the real price, it's damned well close to it..after all, I did link you to a place that sold it for only fifty bucks more..so either way, it's still affordable. Now if they'd only release a 40 gig model.

Peace, love, and all things chocolate...
S.S.

Oct 13, 2003 at 12:47 PM Post #21 of 69
sweet spot you can share the site with anyone you want, no problem, but lets keep it by PM. i dont have time to get to all my PM right now sorry guys

Oct 13, 2003 at 1:37 PM Post #22 of 69
Well, I have some news for everyone. News that is N O T good. Profinger called the place the other day, and the guy said that the IHP-120 should be $399, and that the $300 was a mistake. I dunno though, pretty big ass mistake no ? As finger said to me, let's hope they honour the original stated price for those who've already ordered one.

On the other side of things, that first link I gave you guys lools like the price to beat. $350 isn't that bad I guess. We'll see, perhaps there's still hope, and the guy that profinger called was the one who made the mistake. Only time will tell, but don't put your hopes up. This is what I was talkin' bout. Sorry guys.

S.S.

Just looked @ the site, and the price is still the same, I wish they'd fix it if it's a mistake.

Oct 13, 2003 at 2:09 PM Post #23 of 69
Yes, I wonder if they'll honour it. I hope so. But, as you say, $100 is a big mistake. Not many retailer will want to swallow that kind of mistake. I can see where the confusion arises from. I still can't get a handle on the list price of the IHP-120. Sometimes I see it as $499 and sometimes as $399. All I know is that is Amazon Japan is selling it for US$450 and the iRiver website in Korea wants US$500! So $300 or $350 look like good prices.

Now come on, RELEASE IT, IRIVER!!

frown.gif

Oct 13, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #24 of 69
I've found another place that sells the 120 for $350. They've also got great reviews at resellerratings.com.

A matter of fax

Free shipping for ground, but 2 day is 20 and overnight is freegin 40 bucks.

Oct 13, 2003 at 3:43 PM Post #25 of 69
Yeah at Digitally Unique they had the iHP-100 listed for $113 or something and i bought one and they sent me a receipt. And then they came back with a message saying that they where out of stock. (Not however mentioning the real reason they completely cancelled it, I could've sicced the BBB on him) Yeah and the canceled and I'm pretty sure they fixed their policies so they could cancel things because of typographical errors. Arr I still think they shouldve honored my price but oh well
mad.gif
~jpburton5150

Oct 13, 2003 at 3:56 PM Post #26 of 69
That sucks jp. Sounds like a good opportunity to write a review over at reseller ratings

There's only 8 reviews on them so far, mostly ok reviews....

Oct 13, 2003 at 6:21 PM Post #28 of 69
Quote:

Then don't make a post stating to PM you, just post the link instead. So now if the guy does honour the $300 price it looks like a bunch of us are out of luck, thanks alot.

Ok ok....WHO let the troll out again damn it ?!

Seriously, if you think that by posting such idiotic statements that you'll get anything or anywhere ...Grow up.

Oct 13, 2003 at 7:10 PM Post #29 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
Ok ok....WHO let the troll out again damn it ?!

Seriously, if you think that by posting such idiotic statements that you'll get anything or anywhere ...Grow up.

Troll, no. I wrote a review of the Phillips HD player. Don't post much, yes.

Anyways, there was nothing idiotic in what I posted. It was a fair statement that if you want to address fine, if not then I guess you'll resort to personal attacks rather than the issue (ie: "Grow up"). I'm not going to beg for an address and I sure as hell won't kiss someone's ass to be apart of some "elitist" internet group so "I can get anything or get somewhere".

Oct 13, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #30 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by Brian Stevens
Troll, no. I wrote a review of the Phillips HD player. Don't post much, yes.

Anyways, there was nothing idiotic in what I posted. It was a fair statement that if you want to address fine, if not then I guess you'll resort to personal attacks rather than the issue (ie: "Grow up"). I'm not going to beg for an address and I sure as hell won't kiss someone's ass to be apart of some "elitist" internet group so "I can get anything or get somewhere".

lol. your account has less than 10 post and you wonder why I didn't bother returning your PM. like, who cares if you didn't get in on the deal? uhh not me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back