Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
May 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #1,066 of 1,351
  Yeah I downloaded everything from the manufacture website, I wanted only to try originals firmwares before uptating to XVortex RockBox :D, unfortunately I run into problems upgrading.

I am using a intel i5 3570k, I used a VM for WinXP and Win7 , so same processor dunno how vmware workstation shares cpu from main OS. I can try other cables.

I will try also to install a fresh WinXP instalation on an old laptop, but i need a new harddisk because i don't wanna lose the OS and configurations I already have. It's a Intel centrino CPU so pretty old might do the job.

The intel i5 processor might be responsible for your problem.  The older machine with the centrino may work...  I have had problems with i5 and i7 processors and someone else had problems with the atom processor... the upgrade process can be very finnicky....

May 6, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #1,067 of 1,351
May 6, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #1,068 of 1,351
Indeed! Zen 1.0, 2.0, Monk (x3), Monk+ (x3), beta Asura. I guess you can say I'm a bit of a VE fanboy lol

Buy yourself a Shanling M3 dap. It's one of the best pairings I've heard so far. The 770 can give a lot of daps a run for their money, but the Zen 2.0 and M3 is one of the best combos.
Natural decays and impact, mind blowing wide open soundstage, and pretty much everything else. I enjoyed it even more than any flc8s pairings out there. That says a lot!

I'll try the rockboxed 770 and see if I change my mind about assessments! Lol

May 7, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #1,069 of 1,351
The intel i5 processor might be responsible for your problem.  The older machine with the centrino may work...  I have had problems with i5 and i7 processors and someone else had problems with the atom processor... the upgrade process can be very finnicky....

Would not expect there to be an issue with the processor. All the program does is sending data over USB 2.0... Maybe there is an issue with USB 3.0 (blue socket)? Try connecting to a USB 2.0 port.

May 7, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,070 of 1,351
Would not expect there to be an issue with the processor. All the program does is sending data over USB 2.0... Maybe there is an issue with USB 3.0 (blue socket)? Try connecting to a USB 2.0 port.

I know from experience that the upgrade process does not work with certain processors, including some of the newer i5 and i7 processors... but, I and others have also had to change USB cables on occasion.  Like I said, it's not a difficult process once you figure it out, but it can be finnicky....

May 9, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,071 of 1,351
Looking to get another DAP to replace my new 770C.  I really like it's sound quality (and I'm sure I'm being a bit petty) but I just can't get used to the lack of physical buttons and terrible customer support,  I'd really hoped the new Rockbox would change my mind, especially because I'd spent so much for this unit & only used it 20-25 hours, but even so... it's time to ebay this guy and try something else.<sigh>

I wish I could try some of the more expensive units, but having a painfully small budget, limited income and 3 kids, I'm stuck looking at suggestions in the same price-range -- (up to US$120 or so)  Your suggestions?  I'm thinking FiiO X1?  I might get lucky on ebay with an X3-II?

Other suggestions? Thanks a huge bunch. I love the community on this forum.

May 9, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #1,072 of 1,351
  Looking to get another DAP to replace my new 770C.  I really like it's sound quality (and I'm sure I'm being a bit petty) but I just can't get used to the lack of physical buttons and terrible customer support,  I'd really hoped the new Rockbox would change my mind, especially because I'd spent so much for this unit & only used it 20-25 hours, but even so... it's time to ebay this guy and try something else.<sigh>

I wish I could try some of the more expensive units, but having a painfully small budget, limited income and 3 kids, I'm stuck looking at suggestions in the same price-range -- (up to US$120 or so)  Your suggestions?  I'm thinking FiiO X1?  I might get lucky on ebay with an X3-II?

Other suggestions? Thanks a huge bunch. I love the community on this forum.

You might want to look into the Xduoo X3; I don't have this player, but those that post about it on Head fi seem to like it, especially for the price.  And the good news is that XVortex  has also developed Rockbox for it as well....It can be bought on Amazon, Penon Audio, or Ali-express for US  $110-$120...  Good luck

May 9, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #1,073 of 1,351
Yup, check out the Xduoo X3 @ShiftyParadigm:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player
http://www.head-fi.org/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3

I haven't received mine yet, but for $90US you get good SQ (apparently), dual card slots, hi-res 24/192 support, rockbox, fairly powerful, and... buttons!

Edit: fixed 2nd link

May 9, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #1,074 of 1,351
  Yup, check out the Xduoo X3 @ShiftyParadigm:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player

I haven't received mine yet, but for $90US you get good SQ (apparently), dual card slots, hi-res 24/192 support, rockbox, fairly powerful, and... buttons!

The Xduoo X3 looks great.  Any chance of finding an option with a color screen for album art?

May 9, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #1,075 of 1,351
The Xduoo X3 looks great.  Any chance of finding an option with a color screen for album art?

I do not know, but I'm sure that someone in either of those threads should be able to help.

May 11, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #1,078 of 1,351

Users who are viewing this thread

Back