Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Apr 18, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #991 of 1,351
Hi there. 
Sorry for interrupting the hype on RB on this babe.
I'm a totally newbie to audiophile and i'm really in need of help for picking up my first DAP for around $99-120. Currently i am playing from my Note 4 (exynos version) with V-MODA 80 and my M50x with E11k amp is coming soon.
I'm looking at : 
Xuelin iHifi 770c :$99- really like its design and from what i've read, this baby is rocking with fresh new rockbox avaiable. Dual HO is a nice feature and heard that battery can last for 10 to 12hour. However, it looks like i wont be able to flash new firmware through my win 10 laptop.
Colorfly C4K+: $99. :love the bigger screen and love the description of H20 about its mid, very much make me choose it immediately.  The battery though, 1400mah, seemed to be rather mediocre. 
XDuoo X3: $109 Already supported Rockbox with great sound qualified.

With all the competitors stand really close to each other, i'm pretty confused. As far as i know, all of them are decent players but have problem with FLAC. I hear so many type of music, vary from Take Me To Church, Forever and One, to Million Years, 80-90s...etc... mostly in FLAC 16/44 format. This is my very first DAP so i'm expecting the battery can last for 8-12h, good vocal representation, clear and natural details. 
I'm not a critical listener but i have to admit that i'm a bit picky.

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #992 of 1,351
  XVortex, thank you again, and I hope you can also develop ports for the other 770s and the 800.  The 800 will benefit tremendously from Rockbox, so I hope you can work this out... 

jdog and all, thanks for supporting the project. Your donations will keep it running and make a new ports possible.

What about themes - you can try to run any Ipod Classic theme on 770C. Some has issues, but overall is ok.

Apr 18, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #993 of 1,351
So the 770c got a new firmware and also a big brother (ihifi 790):

Upgrading from the forest 770c on the basis of science, will serve as a high-end version of the 770c and 770c coexist. The use pcm1792 decoding, dual opa2134 op amp, tpa6120 headphone amplifier, 3400mah large capacity battery

Here is a pic: http://p.twpl.jp/show/large/dcGXr. 

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #994 of 1,351
  So the 770c got a new firmware and also a big brother (ihifi 790):

Here is a pic: http://p.twpl.jp/show/large/dcGXr. 

I'm telling you, Xuelin can produce high quality DAPs when one is considering sound quality, but as far as firmware goes, Xuelin has completely lacked basic imagination,  The standard Xuelin firmware has been so basic and bare-bones that I won't invest in any more of their DAPs.  The Rockbox port has helped the new 770C tremendously; not only has the port provided much, much better file support, but it now allows for some very nice features like gapless playback, file sorting options, cuesheet support, graphic equalizer, album art, etc, etc.  So, unless someone like XVortex can develop a Rockbox port for any new Xuelin players, then I would certainly have to consider other options.  I can tell you that even though new 770C owners have something to be happy about today, the big winner here might be Xuelin...  Remember that Xuelin promised a new firmware upgrade for the new 770C last September, and this was just to "improve FLAC file support and add album art"; to date, this new Xuelin firmware still does not exist....

Now, I have one favor to ask of XVortex... With your permission, I would like for one of our Asian Head fi colleagues to post links to your Rockbox files for the 770C on the Chinese forum Bai.du.  I have tried to join this forum in the past, but I have been unable to join, I think because I don't live in China...  In any event, new 770C owners are begging Xuelin daily to upgrade their lame firmware...  I had a fellow ask me months ago if he could post the primer I wrote on Head Fi for Rockboxing the 960; of course, I strongly encouraged him to do this and I feel like we were able to help people get Rockbox on the 960.  XVortex, if you agree, I will track down the fellow I had contact with before and ask him to link your work to this popular Xuelin website...  Thanks for your consideration.

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #1,000 of 1,351
  I agree. Let the happiness in China will come too :)

I were about 90% of getting myself a Xduoo X3 then here you made a wonderful job at this 770c. Guess what, i'm now reading russian and chinese pages for reviews just to make up my mind.  Damn it, i love the design of this babe so bad that i almost don't want to remind myself about its flaws. Pity me. 
Please, guys, can you please give me a hint about the battery life on 770c? I play 16/44 FLAC and 320 mp3 most of the time, with my V-MODA M80 and ATH-M50x, both are around 32ohm only so i guess i wont turn up the volume much.

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #1,001 of 1,351

XVortex I tried to install the rockbox firmware on my old 770 and it did worked in a way.as you can see in the pictures it's openning dual boot is also working and keypad as well there is just a problem with screen it divedes screen in two with mirror view. And I able to flash it again to original firmware.
So maybe I can be a volunteer for the detailed pictures. And I don't know anything about the rockbox firmware works but it seems ihifi960 shares same screen with 770 so maybe if you just combine the screen drivers part directly to this version of port maybe it could work?? Thank you for the effort :)

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,002 of 1,351
Please, guys, can you please give me a hint about the battery life on 770c? I play 16/44 FLAC and 320 mp3 most of the time, with my V-MODA M80 and ATH-M50x, both are around 32ohm only so i guess i wont turn up the volume much.

This is a log from Rockbox battery calibration (.flac in loop, screen is off). 32 ohm VE Monk. -20 dB volume:

# Battery type: 1050 mAh      Buffer Entries: 1000
# Time:,  Seconds:,  Level:,  Time Left:,  Voltage[mV]:, C:, S:, U:
00:00:33,  00033,     100%,     00:-1,         4213,     -,  -,  -
12:32:10,  45130,     000%,     00:-1,         3302,     -,  -,  -
--Battery bench ended, reason: power off--

So: 12 hours 32 minutes 10 seconds...

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #1,003 of 1,351
  jdog and all, thanks for supporting the project. Your donations will keep it running and make a new ports possible.

What about themes - you can try to run any Ipod Classic theme on 770C. Some has issues, but overall is ok.

Argh! I'm away from my 770C right now, but am VERY excited to give it XVortex's Rockbox image in a couple of days!   All of the positive comments I'm seeing are encouraging!  This is great news!
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 18, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #1,004 of 1,351
On a vaguely related note... if this works as well as it seems, I'm thinking of getting one of those 200GB MicroSD cards for my 770C.  I've got a 128GB card by Silicon Power in there now.  Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with the 200GB cards?

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #1,005 of 1,351
Not a 770 series owner but I am glad to see XVortex's port availible for you folks.  I've been enjoying his port on my xDuoo X3 since he first made it available.  Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back