Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Apr 13, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #961 of 1,351

I've been lucky enough to audition the Aune M2 and the Shanlings M2 and M3. I'm happy to say that the 770 is a fantastic player at its price level.

Can't wait too see what you can cook up, Mr. Vortex

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #962 of 1,351
Port is almost done. The player can play music, all buttons works, lcd works, memory card works, usb works, plugins... Also can dualboot to OF.
There are some polishing remaining an we can release first version.

And even more so if it'll work for the original 770!

Thanks XVortex!

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #963 of 1,351
Port is almost done. The player can play music, all buttons works, lcd works, memory card works, usb works, plugins... Also can dualboot to OF.
There are some polishing remaining an we can release first version.

Yay! Thanks for all your hard work.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #965 of 1,351
Encouraging screenshot from XVortex's Rockbox page!  I'm getting excited!
atsmile.gif

Quote:
  This is fantastic news !!!!

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #969 of 1,351
RB for 770c will be available tomorrow. Get ready.
Update procedure is similar to updating the OF.

Will you post the link for the downloads here? and I assume you mean the update procedure will use the Rockchip update image file, and we will upload your firmware just like we do Xuelin's firmware?  If this is the case, will we still have access to the player's internal storage?  With the current Rockbox port for the 960, one can't access the internal storage, just music on the external microsd card. Thanks so much for doing this for all us new 770C users, and I look forward to testing out your port...

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #971 of 1,351
RB for 770c will be available tomorrow. Get ready.
Update procedure is similar to updating the OF.

Really awesome XVortex! You're the man!

Now the question is, who will be the orig 770 guinui pig?

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #973 of 1,351
Let's Rock this Box :)

Download links on my site in the signature.

Brief instruction:
1) Download rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip and rockbox-full-xxx.zip;
2) Unpack rockbox-full-xxx.zip to the root of the micro SD-card. System folder .rockbox must be placed at the root of this memory card. Card must be formatted to FAT16 or FAT32. Insert card into the DAP;
3) Unpack the  rockbox-bootloader-xxx.zip to the PC then run RK27Upgrade_Image.exe then follow standard update instructions (pdf file in archive);
4) After update, unplug from the USB and reboot player;
5) Profit.

There is a dual-boot system in the player now which allowed you to run either rockbox or original firmware by your choose. It is two options:</p>
1) Power on the player by plugging USB in;
- or -
2) Power on the player then press and hold any touch button immediately after they lights;

The firmware is designed for 770C (NEW, WM8740). For other revisions it WILL NOT WORK! Be careful!

Enjoy.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #975 of 1,351
XVortex, you were right.  The Rockbox'd 770C is just like the Rockbox'd 960 dual core.  I will see if it will play high resolution FLAC files...  but it will probably down sample to 16/48... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back