Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Apr 7, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #947 of 1,351
I think it will work on original 770 also. Hardware is slightly different but cpu/dac is the same.

All right - you are the man! (well, I presume male lol). Thanks for doing this. Any kind of rough ETA?

Oh, and I presume that the rockboxing of the 770 will also result in it growing physical buttons, correct?  
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #948 of 1,351

All right - you are the man! (well, I presume male lol). Thanks for doing this. Any kind of rough ETA?

Oh, and I presume that the rockboxing of the 770 will also result in it growing physical buttons, correct?  
wink.gif

I think he is working with Rockbox, not PEDs (you know, like anabolic steroids, GH, etc....).  I think XVortex is potentially offering all us Xuelin player owners a great way to enjoy the full potential of these players and I hope he has good luck with his efforts....

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #949 of 1,351
I suspect if  XVortex gets a good Rockbox image going for the new 770C he will be very pleasantly surprised at the traffic he gets to his donation page! 
wink_face.gif
  There are a LOT of people praying for one, myself included!   He'll have no trouble finding volunteers to serve as beta-testers.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #951 of 1,351
  I suspect if  XVortex gets a good Rockbox image going for the new 770C he will be very pleasantly surprised at the traffic he gets to his donation page! 
wink_face.gif
  There are a LOT of people praying for one, myself included!   He'll have no trouble finding volunteers to serve as beta-testers.

I suspect you are right.  Seems there are many Xuelin users out there that enjoy the hardware but are let down but mediocre software.  Rockbox could open lots of doors.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #952 of 1,351
I suspect if  XVortex gets a good Rockbox image going for the new 770C he will be very pleasantly surprised at the traffic he gets to his donation page!  :wink_face:   There are a LOT of people praying for one, myself included!   He'll have no trouble finding volunteers to serve as beta-testers.

Count me in!

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #953 of 1,351
I don't know if any of the Xuelin players will support 200 gb microsdxc cards or not, but if any one is interested and has access to a Fry's electronics store, then a 200 gb microsdxc card by Patriot can be had for $69.99 (usual price is $99.99).  My Rockboxed 960 supports a 128 microsd card, but I don't know about a 200 gb card.  Well, in any event, if anyone is in the market for a 200 gb card, then you may want to look into this.  Here is the link:  http://www.frys.com/product/8770981?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #957 of 1,351
No, I have not tried the first version. I do not have it.
As far as I know, the first version has another display module.

Yes as written in ihifi's website old versions has Tft? Screen and new 770c appear as ips. But I think in 770 screen could be as same as(?) ihifi960 and it has rockbox as well. If you made beta for 770 I can test it in my device willingly.

Edit: I just check it and ihifi 960 and 812v2 also have 2.4inch tft screen. And for rockbox drivers could be the same XVortex

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #959 of 1,351
  From this point Rockbox for 770C is inevitable :)

This looks very promising.  Can you provide an estimate as to how close you are to finalizing the port for the new 770C?  In the view, is the 770C actually playing the music?  The reason I ask is that Xuelin players can struggle with some FLAC files.  My 960 dual core had problems with some FLAC files using the Xuelin firmware, but since I started using Rockbox on it, I have not had any problems playing any FLAC files, even higher resolution FLAC.  Good luck, and thanks again for any updates you can share with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back