Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Apr 1, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #931 of 1,351

That had better not be an April fool's joke, because if it is, it's the meanest one I've ever seen lol!

Where can we get more details? And, will it also apply to the original 770?

Sorry, I really think this is someone trying to pull a prank..  There is no mention of a rockbox port for the 770C anywhere on the Rockbox site or in their forums..  So unless XVortex can provide something much more substantial than a photoshopped 770C, then I'm afraid this is all a bad joke...

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #932 of 1,351
  Sorry, I really think this is someone trying to pull a prank..  There is no mention of a rockbox port for the 770C anywhere on the Rockbox site or in their forums..  So unless XVortex can provide something much more substantial than a photoshopped 770C, then I'm afraid this is all a bad joke...

I've seen XVortex on the Xduoo X3 thread where he has been working on rockboxing it, so I am holding out hope that he is not joking about this!

C'mon @XVortex - give us some good news!

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #933 of 1,351
That picture i was posted is simulator - special rockbox build for pc that used at early stages to help assign resources and imagine how the build will look on a real device. My previous xduoo x3 port has passed this too.

So i repeat - there is no joke, just need a time to port to real hw. What about hw version - i have a new770c so it will be used as ref.

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #934 of 1,351
Man... You've got to get me that customisable parametric eq! Pleeeeeeeease!

Apr 1, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #935 of 1,351
That picture i was posted is simulator - special rockbox build for pc that used at early stages to help assign resources and imagine how the build will look on a real device. My previous xduoo x3 port has passed this too.

So i repeat - there is no joke, just need a time to port to real hw. What about hw version - i have a new770c so it will be used as ref.

Sorry to doubt your efforts... How long do you think it will take to build a working port for the 770C?

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #937 of 1,351
  xDuoo X3 port took approx month from Simulator to target Release.

So are you saying that there is a working port for XDuoo X3?  Did you develop the computer program that you are using?  In any event, what you are doing appears to be quite powerful, because you seem to be saying that you can develop Rockbox ports for other DAPs as well.  A Rockbox port would be a major upgrade for the Xuelin i-hifi 800.  I would guess that you probably need the actual DAP that you are developing the port for, is that correct?  In any event, please keep up your great efforts.  I can guarantee that if you develop a working port for the new i-hifi 770C, you will make a lot of music lovers very,very happy!

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #938 of 1,351
Well...almost everyone but me happy (sad lol). I own the original 770, non C version :frowning2:

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #940 of 1,351
You are great great developer @XVortex, I really enjoyed and liked your work with xduoo x3 and it solved a lot of problems with device.
It's also great to see that you working on Xuelin 770, that making me really exited :) And you said you have 770c latest version and you working and preparing mod for it. Well do you think is that mod could  be compatible with 770 as well. 
And thank you again. Good luck with your great work. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #941 of 1,351
I'm considering xu800 port too but does not have this device. So there is donation/fundrising on my rockbox page. There you can help the project.

I hope you will keep us updated on your progress on a Rockbox port for the new 770C.  If you need any help testing out the Rockbox port for the 770C, I'd be very happy to help you.  My 960 dual core is Rockboxed and this has greatly increased the value of the player.  If you successfully build a workable port for the 770c, I'll be first in line to donate to your rockbox page....  Good luck, and I (like many others) am hoping you will give us some good news soon...

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #942 of 1,351
Ok so I have got a new I-HiFi 770c and am having a hell of a time trying to update it my computer cannot display the loder properly I assume it is a chinese font that is screwing it up and it might be the old version can someone please provide fresh links to the newest version most of the links I have tried are dead and instructions for installation on win10 it wold be most appreciated.

Ps if there is a cfw that you wold recommend over the ofw that wold work to.

Thank you for your time.
sincerely James

Apr 6, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #943 of 1,351
  Ok so I have got a new I-HiFi 770c and am having a hell of a time trying to update it my computer cannot display the loder properly I assume it is a chinese font that is screwing it up and it might be the old version can someone please provide fresh links to the newest version most of the links I have tried are dead and instructions for installation on win10 it wold be most appreciated.

Ps if there is a cfw that you wold recommend over the ofw that wold work to.

Thank you for your time.
sincerely James

Sorry, but the update process requires the use of the Rockchip upgrade image file.  This is not under Xuelin's control.  The files that Xuelin has for the upgrade image will not work on systems higher than Windows 7; maybe Rockchip will release new drivers soon for Window 8 and/or 10, but to upgrade firmware now, you will need to use a PC with Windows 7.  Also, even some PCs with Windows 7 (or earlier) will not work with some of the new processors like i5 and i7.  

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #944 of 1,351

That's awesome XVortex! As a few have asked, do you think there is much of a chance that the 770c rockbox will work on the original 770?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back