Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Oct 24, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #796 of 1,351
6e374867ab392c4549110eab5e51aaf0.jpg

Move down to the last line and push select button...  This is a media upload process.  You should see a bar come up in the middle of the screen that shows upload progress.  Next a new screen appears; with line 1 as number 1, move down to line 6 and select, this will allow you to choose the language you prefer...  Good luck

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #797 of 1,351
  Move down to the last line and push select button...  This is a media upload process.  You should see a bar come up in the middle of the screen that shows upload progress.  Next a new screen appears; with line 1 as number 1, move down to line 6 and select, this will allow you to choose the language you prefer...  Good luck

There's only 5 lines. Thanks for the help though.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #798 of 1,351

Did you move to the last line (line 5) on the screen you are showing and then push select (play) button?  Did a "loading" image bar come on the screen, and if so, did another screen appear with 7 lines?  If so, then on the screen with 7 lines, then pick line six, press select and you should see language options.  If you move down to the 5th line on the screen you are showing and you push select (play) button, what happens??

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #799 of 1,351

Did you move to the last line (line 5) on the screen you are showing and then push select (play) button?  Did a "loading" image bar come on the screen, and if so, did another screen appear with 7 lines?  If so, then on the screen with 7 lines, then pick line six, press select and you should see language options.  If you move down to the 5th line on the screen you are showing and you push select (play) button, what happens??

Still the same screen.

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #800 of 1,351

there...succesfully upgraded my 770 with the latest Oct2015 fw. (note that I also managed to change the fw upgrader program into english). I'll be busy checking this out in the meantime before my wife beckons me to bed!

I'll free up some time to write about the process whenever I get the chance - my wife gave birth to my 2nd kid a couple weeks ago so yeah you guys can understand. I'll be around to help you folks out. I realized that I mistakenly d/l'd the wrong 770 firmware previously! Thanks JD!

update 1 and further impressions: 
-I can definitely attest like others have said that with each FW upgrade there is some noticeable changes in SQ. I actually do get a hiss(!) using the LO output: my Rx amp definitely confirms that! I'm not super impressed lol. I normally max mine (you'll understand why when you hear this amp) but if I turn it down it lessens the stupid blow of hiss. 

-The previous FW (OLD Hi-Fi 8740) through the amp provided airier highs without the slightest hiss!!! It's also nice to have to top button pause and play & the touch screen response is a lot faster/sensitive. So yeah, I'm reverting back to to the previous fw. Hopefully you guys find what works best for your setup.

@Niyologist - Yes there are 5 options (no you ain't going crazy) choose the 5th which by defaults updates your player's library,which then naturally lead you to the general settings option. You then head to the 6th line and select the language that brings a smile on your face lol. 

-I'm not sure I'm inclined to keep the update. I actually notice some subtle changes with the imaging - the image became slightly closer(if not intimate), this means instruments grew sideways in terms of imaging. There is a also a subtle fatness &warmth in bass which is nice, but that can overwhelm the overall soundstage. Again, this is my impression with my setup so ymmv.

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #804 of 1,351
Could you tell me where you encounter trouble? I got used to the whole fw upgrade process but failed to realize that it's important matching the fw with the right 770 (c) lol silly me!

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #805 of 1,351
Could you tell me where you encounter trouble? I got used to the whole fw upgrade process but failed to realize that it's important matching the fw with the right 770 (c) lol silly me!

I need to know the installation process again so I can properly install the new fw on the original 770C. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #806 of 1,351

I need to know the installation process again so I can properly install the new fw on the original 770C. 

Please refer to post #641 in this thread; I have outlined the basic process there.  Just remember to use the new firmware image...  Also remember that some people using Windows 7 will have to choose "run as administrator" when selecting the RK27Upgrade_Image.exe, whereas others will only need to double click on the RK27Upgrade_image.exe to extract the image and complete the process.  

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #807 of 1,351
  Please refer to post #641 in this thread; I have outlined the basic process there.  Just remember to use the new firmware image...  Also remember that some people using Windows 7 will have to choose "run as administrator" when selecting the RK27Upgrade_Image.exe, whereas others will only need to double click on the RK27Upgrade_image.exe to extract the image and complete the process.  

I did the upgrade process exactly and I still can't change the language.

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #808 of 1,351

Change the language on your 770? Or the program that upgrades your player? I also assume this is for the latest firmware?

The moment you upgrade, you'll get the 5 options, I picked the most bottom. Then library update takes place then you get 6 options (6th which is the language options).take pictures if you need to. I'm busy so I can't help immediately.

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #809 of 1,351

Change the language on your 770? Or the program that upgrades your player? I also assume this is for the latest firmware?

The moment you upgrade, you'll get the 5 options, I picked the most bottom. Then library update takes place then you get 6 options (6th which is the language options).take pictures if you need to. I'm busy so I can't help immediately.

Here you go.

5ba301685f7eeb37759e6ccc9ae7053f.jpg

7de38c4d81e206b8edff9426486971e5.jpg

c6d1a54f07dd788a604a0937d6577b7a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back