Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Oct 6, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #767 of 1,351
Anyone had any success upgrading their original 770??? I followed your email @jdog but I seem to get this error message at the end of the upgrade app. Sent the pic via Gmail.

Is the 770 capable of having LO option?

Yes, the newest firmware for the 770 (confusingly labeled old-8740 by Xuelin) allows for a LO option.  I have sent you an e-mail tonite with a copy of the newest firmware...  Let me know how things work out.  From experience, the download process can be a bit persnickety, so you have to make sure you are using a Windows 7 computer with an older processor; also you may need to try a few different usb cables to see if this helps.  The good news is, once you figure out the upgrade process, it really is fairly easy...

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #768 of 1,351
  Was wondering on what headphones people are using with the 770c that they are satisfied with. Also info on the power limit with headphones. 

I have the Sennheiser HD598s and they work well with the new 770c.  All the other earphones I have are in-ear.  I personally find the YinJW 800s work well, but also TTPOD 1E work well.  The Zircon Rock IEMs also pair well for me, as well as the KZ ED9 iem.  

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #769 of 1,351
Yes, the newest firmware for the 770 (confusingly labeled old-8740 by Xuelin) allows for a LO option.  I have sent you an e-mail tonite with a copy of the newest firmware...  Let me know how things work out.  From experience, the download process can be a bit persnickety, so you have to make sure you are using a Windows 7 computer with an older processor; also you may need to try a few different usb cords to see if this helps.  The good news is, once you figure out the upgrade process, it really is fairly easy...

Thanks J. I'm gonna be super grateful to you - I recently snagged the Alo Rx amp for iema because of the 75$ discount. Should come my way next week. I'll keep you posted on progress...tomorrow!

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #770 of 1,351
Am i right that the new firmware for new770c is released?
I see new file named "ihifiupimg-new770.rar" uploaded to Baidu file storage by user, who uploaded the previous firmware update:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=792041172#category/type=0

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #771 of 1,351
  Am i right that the new firmware for new770c is released?
I see new file named "ihifiupimg-new770.rar" uploaded to Baidu file storage by user, who uploaded the previous firmware update:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=792041172#category/type=0

What you have listed is the latest version of the new firmware upgrade for the new 770C (8740).  The final version of the new upgrade has not been released yet; Xuelin posted a message earlier today saying they were still having problems with album art and this appears to be the hold up.  They have not reported a date for release, but I'll keep checking and post the link when it is released...

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #772 of 1,351
Xuelin says they are still having problems with final version of the new firmware upgrade for the new 770C (8740).  As usual they have not really specified the problems, but hope to have the issues resolved with the month...  I'll keep a look out and post a link to new firmware when it is finally released.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #773 of 1,351
  Yes, the newest firmware for the 770 (confusingly labeled old-8740 by Xuelin) allows for a LO option.  I have sent you an e-mail tonite with a copy of the newest firmware...  Let me know how things work out.  From experience, the download process can be a bit persnickety, so you have to make sure you are using a Windows 7 computer with an older processor; also you may need to try a few different usb cables to see if this helps.  The good news is, once you figure out the upgrade process, it really is fairly easy...

Hello, sorry for the trouble, I would like to update the firmware of my original 770. Where can I find the new firmware ???
Many thanks for your patience.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #774 of 1,351
On the original 770,

Anyone else having occasional playback issue where the played track is just all sort of noise? pausing and resuming the track fixes the issue but it can happen at anytime when the player plays the next track. I once couldn't hit pause fast enough and the noise (basically sounds like the track is breaking apart and you get white noise, screeching and all kinds of hell) and it just kept getting louder. It's happened for a while, but I feel like it's happened more often lately. Almost scared to use my 770 now.

Honestly, I like the form factor, the weight and I'd give the performance 8/10 especially when considering the value. But I would never buy another Xuelin player because my experience with the 770 makes me think that the product is half-baked. Not to mention their lack of customer support and English speakers on staff just makes me feel like Xuelin is not a company ready for prime time. 

Been using my DX90 more often. It's a better device in every way anyway, but I've always (that is until now) liked the 770 because it just felt so nice to use. Sad. 
frown.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #775 of 1,351
  On the original 770,

Anyone else having occasional playback issue where the played track is just all sort of noise? pausing and resuming the track fixes the issue but it can happen at anytime when the player plays the next track. I once couldn't hit pause fast enough and the noise (basically sounds like the track is breaking apart and you get white noise, screeching and all kinds of hell) and it just kept getting louder. It's happened for a while, but I feel like it's happened more often lately. Almost scared to use my 770 now.

Honestly, I like the form factor, the weight and I'd give the performance 8/10 especially when considering the value. But I would never buy another Xuelin player because my experience with the 770 makes me think that the product is half-baked. Not to mention their lack of customer support and English speakers on staff just makes me feel like Xuelin is not a company ready for prime time. 

Been using my DX90 more often. It's a better device in every way anyway, but I've always (that is until now) liked the 770 because it just felt so nice to use. Sad. 
frown.gif

Are you experiencing this problem with FLAC files?  This is unfortunately a common problem with all Xuelin players and in my experience, it happens with more highly compressed FLAC files.  Converting the files to less compressed versions can solve the problem.  Xuelin keeps saying they are working on improved FLAC support...  They are working on a firmware update for all the players (770, 770C, 800 and 960), and from what I can tell with the already released new firmware for the new 770C, the player tends to handle FLAC better..

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #776 of 1,351
Just wanted to say that the Sennheiser Amperior sounds fantastic off of the 770. There.. said it :)

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #777 of 1,351
  Hello, sorry for the trouble, I would like to update the firmware of my original 770. Where can I find the new firmware ???
Many thanks for your patience.

Here is the link to the latest firmware upgrade for  the 770:  http://www.91avr.com/HIFI-old-8740.rar.  It is listed as old to distinguish from the new 770C (don't ask me why).  You will need the download tools as well, here is the link:  http://www.91avr.com/ihifiupimg.rar.  I have posted the process for the upgrade earlier in this thread (see post #641 in this thread).  Xuelin says they are working on a newer firmware upgrade and it should be released in the next few weeks...  Good luck.  If you are using Windows 7, you may have to run the upgrade image as administrator to complete the process...

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #779 of 1,351
I was having trouble with FLAC files, removing all tags in one batch using MP3tag solved my issue.

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #780 of 1,351
Hi just had to replace my old 770c and now have the ( 770c Senior ) V2.02 dose anyone know if it can can be back graded, so the pause /power button works again. Now you have to navigate back to current play the All music, gives you the dirctory, and the directory list, gives you the All music. it's like upgrading a motor bike by taking the wheels off, might still sound good, be very safe but it just dont work. the only reason I had to get this new low graded upgrade, is my better half, decided to washing machine test my 770c with the bed clothes. it still played but no screen. I guess Xuelin thought sending me an upgraded one would be nice.    Xuelin upgrade means improving, like making the sd card work like the internal memory or keeping files in order in the folders, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back