Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Sep 29, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #751 of 1,351

Oooooh. It would be awesome an update for the original 770.

Can you, please, upload that on other server? If that can access the internal firmware and if that's home made that means the loaders for accessing firmware chip had been cracked. I smell rockbox.

Unfortunately, the program I linked to only alters images on the player, and it does not appear to get into other aspects of the player...  The Chinese forum seems to be a bit behind when it comes to Rockbox..  Maybe some of the 770C owners in and around Russia are interested in Rockboxing the 770s and 800.. Would be very nice, based on the benefits I've seen with the Rockbox'd 960.

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #753 of 1,351
Does it provide custom eq?

Maybe it does, and if that's important to you, then I can see the appeal. I don't eq (too lazy lol), but the loss of the top pause button and the change to the HO B sound doesn't appeal to me, so I'll be skipping the "upgrade" methinks.

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #754 of 1,351
Does it provide custom eq?

This has been requested in several different forums,but Xuelin has not commented on this specifically as far as I can tell...  The firmware upgrade for the new 770C has gone thru multiple stages, and so far, customized eq is not included...  From the latest post, it appears the hold-out on the final release involves display of album art.  The new firmware has simplified navigation, re-arranged the viewing of files, changed some button functions, and supposedly improved FLAC file support (but still does not support high resolution FLAC files).  There is still no gapless playback, no support for Apple-based music files, and no combining of music files in internal memory with files on the microsd card...  maybe with more time, Xuelin will get more serious with firmware upgrades and make these changes.  But at least they are still making efforts to provide upgrades...

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #755 of 1,351
One of the recent owners of the new 770C (8740) has asked me about using the 770C with Sennheiser HD600 headphones.  I don't have the Sennheiser HD600 headphones, so I am unable to answer his question.  Does anyone out there with any of the 770 models have any experience with the HD600 headphones, and if so, can you let us know what you think?  Thanks...

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #756 of 1,351
This has been requested in several different forums,but Xuelin has not commented on this specifically as far as I can tell...  The firmware upgrade for the new 770C has gone thru multiple stages, and so far, customized eq is not included...  From the latest post, it appears the hold-out on the final release involves display of album art.  The new firmware has simplified navigation, re-arranged the viewing of files, changed some button functions, and supposedly improved FLAC file support (but still does not support high resolution FLAC files).  There is still no gapless playback, no support for Apple-based music files, and no combining of music files in internal memory with files on the microsd card...  maybe with more time, Xuelin will get more serious with firmware upgrades and make these changes.  But at least they are still making efforts to provide upgrades...

Well flac support should receive massive improvements. Frequent misfires and lack of support for highly compressed flac and 24 bit is kinda a no - go. Not that I am a 24 bit fanboy but sometimes this is the only format available for some recordings and having to downsample every track is...unproductive.

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #757 of 1,351
  One of the recent owners of the new 770C (8740) has asked me about using the 770C with Sennheiser HD600 headphones.  I don't have the Sennheiser HD600 headphones, so I am unable to answer his question.  Does anyone out there with any of the 770 models have any experience with the HD600 headphones, and if so, can you let us know what you think?  Thanks...

Nah, too power hungry.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #758 of 1,351

Thanks man :)

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #764 of 1,351
Anyone have experience with headphones (not IEMs)?
There's a lot of headphones. I've used my AudioTechnica AD900X (48 ohms) and bower & Wilkins P5 (32 ohms) and the 770c move the two without problems and offer a very good scene and clarity. But you have to consider that things change with high impedance headphones (senn hd650, all from beyerdynamycs) these are very hungry ones and even with some portable amps you're going to have problems to get all the possibilities they can offer. For your reference in terms of power this player is very near of fiio x1, a little bit more powerful using the higher gain which is not the most Watts you can find in a player. Enough for impedances below 60 ohms, not more in my opinion.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #765 of 1,351
Anyone had any success upgrading their original 770??? I followed your email jdog but I seem to get this error message at the end of the upgrade app. Sent the pic via Gmail.

Is the 770 capable of having LO option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back